HIV, Living With Community
where to test the cd4?

This is a community for those who have HIV/AIDS, and for family and friends impacted by it. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. All questions and comments. posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.. Under NO circumstances should you act on any advice or opinion posted in any of MedHelp’s communities without first consulting your medical provider. If you have questions regarding your risk for HIV, please visit our HIV Prevention Community.

where to test the cd4?

I am a foreigner here, and already HIV positive.I am not sure where can test my cd4, because I can not back to my country regularly, and if have to take medicine, where can i get the drug and how much will that cost? Does the hosipital can keep my secret?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Hospitals usually have policies regarding the confidentiality of  the patients being treated. CD4  testing may be done in  hospitals where your attending physician is a consultant.  If you do not have a specialist yet, ask for a referral from your attending physician. It is very important to take all doses of the medications to prevent drug resistance. Inquire also about programs or support groups by the local government or hospital regarding this, not only for support but also for medications as well. Take care always and do keep us posted.