HIV Anxiety Support User Group
3 month window period?
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1244 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

3 month window period?

reassurance needed. i had heterosexual vaginal sex one time for about 10 minutes with a friend of mine. She assured me i had nothing to worry about and that she is 100% clean. however i was still worried and mad at myself and fear overcame me. so i had 4 tests. 1st test was a few days after for a baseline, then i had a test at 8, 12, and 14 weeks which all came back negative on a 3rd generation Unigold Rapid Test. I also tested negative for chlamydia and ghonorrea at 8 and 14 weeks which was all a relief, but also a bit anticipated. basically my question for everyone is if i am truly negative and can move on from this experience as a lesson learned???? at about 3.5 months or 100 days post possible exposure negative. This is the first day i have been on this and wanted to see what people had to say? i have read 3 months for a conclusive as well as 6 months. am i in the clear or what?
Tags: 3 month window, 3 months, window period 3 months, worried well, heterosexual, test, negative, friends, clearance, move on