6 months/24 weeks antibody
Ok Joggen I guess the function is fixed now. My question is basically the same as "iamoneinamillion" as far as antibody detection goes. I also had unprotected vaginal sex. Mine was in the beginning of June and I've had three hiv 1/2 antibody tests since then. 3,14.5,and 29 weeks post exposure. I have my symptoms and such to the body website and the said I could try a combo test, or an RNA test. Neither of those are available to me. With my results at 6 months can I resume unprotected sex with my partner and ejaculate inside her worry free knowing I should be clean. I got tested for everything at 6 months. Just scared the daylights outta me what the doctors on the other sites said. Nobody ever says 100% and there is all this talk about getting struck by lightening and that doesn't help anxiety at all. What if I'm that lightning strike I've heard doc HHH, and hook talk about. Now I may have infected my lover even though I have a 6 month negative. :(
The vast majority of people test positive by 6 weeks- that is, more than 99%, and at 3 months its virtually 100%. You could have stopped testing at 14.5 weeks- that is more than enough. You ABSOLUTELY, IRREFUTABLY, UNEQUIVOCALLY DO NOT HAVE HIV- YOU WOULD HAVE TESTED POSITIVE AT 14.5 week. You ABSOLUTELY DO NOT NEED a combo test or an RNA test. HIV IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM, IT HAS BEEN RULED OUT.

Also, HIV symptoms, if they occur, only occur within the first 4 weeks of infection. Whatever is going on with you is not HIV-related. You can safely have sex and ejaculate with your current partner, with no fear of transmitting HIV.

To top it off, you were most likely at a very marginal risk to begin with.You probably could have forgone HIV testing with no realistic chance of having caught it from your previous partner. Stop wasting your life worrying about a rare disease that you clearly do not have.  
Thank you very much for your answer sir. I was at risk had unprotected sex with a random bar girl, just wanted to make sure my now gf was safe :). Btw are you and Apollo from the health boards as well? Just a random question. Thanks again for your awesome answer.
Yes, we are both on health boards.
Thank you for your input, and you both seem to do a great job so I shall trust in you and I will proceed to have intercourse with my lover. Thank you and Apollo for a wonderful job.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Sonyaxo commented on MY cuz
drifter0213 commented on MY cuz
BeStrong_ World AIDS Day, December 1,... Comment
Dec 01