7wks post; hospitalized
You can read my posts at http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Prevention/44-days-post-possible-HIV-encounter/show/1848909#post_8547839 regarding exposure and symptoms.  I got booted by Teak so hopefully I can find some support here.

When I was hospitalized for vomiting and diarrhea the internist ask me about all my symptoms. It explained and after my CT Scan of abdomen came back it said, "minimum distention in small bowel loops seen diffusely there are air-fluid levels within colon. Minimal prominence of mesentric lymph nodes identified. Pattern most suggestive of a viral enteritis."

So, durning my stay the doctor questioned me about any potential unsafe encounters as this maybe a sign of HIV due to your weight loss (20+ lbs) and coated tongue in past 7 weeks. I explained everything and that I tested negative 7-days and 28-days for HIV.  He said that I 'probably' have nothing to worry about.

My CBC was abnormal when I was admitted.

WBC: 10.7 normal
RBC: 5.64 normal
Lymph%: 8% low
Seg%: 84.1% high
Lymph count: .9 low
Seg count: 9.0 high
C-reactive protein, quantitative: .4 high

What does this mean?  I have felt like **** for 7 weeks. Never been this sick. Yes, I have anxiety, stress and everything else but WTF?  Starting weight was 248. I weigh 225 now. I'm wasting away.

Someone please help me understand and provide some guidance. I am lost all perspective.  Any doctors surfing the forum?

Thanks,
LM
Only vomited once, diarrhea lasted a day. I spent 4 days in hospital. They scoped both ends. Nothing abnormal.  They originally thought I was having a sudden onset of crohns or colitis. Both negative.
There are no doctors here. You have a GI issue not an HIV issue. There isn't much else we can tell you.
Thx for the response. I guess what has me concerned is that I have had symptoms for up to 6 weeks, red pin pricks on arms and palm of hands, night sweats, etc. Rash on back, neck, scalp and face, itchy all over.

Now everything is going away except for lymph pain in abdomen (left side under ribs) and lower back; hands and feet tingling/numb in the morning. This morning my thumb was numb, red and burning and I had a small hive-like rash on it.  Finger tips are numb/tingling. Palms were really red too.

Tuesday I have a follow-up with my family doc. Just really freaking out and need support. I have been trying to de-stress to see if I can manage "symptoms" but nothing seems to help.

Thx,
LM
I forgot to add that my joints in my hands are really stiff in the morning. Again, I have never had these types of symptoms. Yes, I am worried...hopefully worried well.

Thx again,
LM
Dr prescribed lexapro for my anxiety, stress and depression with respect to my vivid imagination of being infected with HIV or Hep.  Symptoms seem to be subsiding.  Been on meds for a week. I tested on Friday, post 8 weeks and should have results early next week.

LM
It will be negative teak and rainlover would not lie to you.  Stress will make your joints and muscles ache.
Tested 8 weeks post encounter. NEGATIVE for HIV A/B, Hepatitis ABC.  Tryimg to get my life back together. Stress, anxiety and depression is horrible. Thx for all the support.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
drifter0213 commented on Feels like life is ov...
Charliechuckle joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 06
drifter0213 commented on my knee
Feb 03