HIV Anxiety Support User Group
9 years post exposure
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1231 members

9 years post exposure

Good morning

9 years ago I had unprotected sex with 3 women(6 exposures total).I had never tested until about a month ago. I took 4 Oraquick home tests and I went to Planned Parenthood to do a Uni gold recombigen test. All came back negative. My questions are can I trust my results due to it being so long post exposure? Would I still have detectable antibodies? I have done a lot of reading about the rapid tests and realize the Oraquick only tests for Glycoprotein 41 and the uni gold tests for glycoproteins 41 and 120. I have also read about false negatives in long term infections mostly due to a strong reaction with Glycoprotein 160 which is in neither test I took. Should I be concerned? Basically this has occupied my mind for the last few months. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
1 Comment
HI jeff. You can most certainly trust your tests. Any test at 3 months is conclusive as per the cdc guidelines but 9 years its certainly accurate because if you had HIV you would more than likley be dead or your health would have been in such decline you would have been tested for HIV and tested positive if you had HIV.

You have nothing to worry about.
JGF25 commented on nursegirl6572's status
Sep 16
minhasgps joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 12
kt1982 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 10