9 years post exposure
Good morning

9 years ago I had unprotected sex with 3 women(6 exposures total).I had never tested until about a month ago. I took 4 Oraquick home tests and I went to Planned Parenthood to do a Uni gold recombigen test. All came back negative. My questions are can I trust my results due to it being so long post exposure? Would I still have detectable antibodies? I have done a lot of reading about the rapid tests and realize the Oraquick only tests for Glycoprotein 41 and the uni gold tests for glycoproteins 41 and 120. I have also read about false negatives in long term infections mostly due to a strong reaction with Glycoprotein 160 which is in neither test I took. Should I be concerned? Basically this has occupied my mind for the last few months. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
HI jeff. You can most certainly trust your tests. Any test at 3 months is conclusive as per the cdc guidelines but 9 years its certainly accurate because if you had HIV you would more than likley be dead or your health would have been in such decline you would have been tested for HIV and tested positive if you had HIV.

You have nothing to worry about.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Robert000 is "Worried about testing" Comment
Aug 25
JGF25 is optimistic...once again! Comment
Aug 24
Hitendhiman joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 14