HIV Anxiety Support User Group
ARS questions
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1229 members

ARS questions

I'm almost convinced that my situation is due to anxiety, that's why I decided to write here not in the prevention community..

My symptoms are:
- very mild sore throat at day 9 (lasted for 5 days), went with strepsils
- very mild sore throat again at day 21 (lasted for 4 days), went alone with strepsils too
- painful lymph nodes in the neck, but not swollen at day 24 (lasted for 4 days)

I'm concerned because those symptoms came in a very suspicious time, sore throat and lymph nodes are immunity signs!!

1 Does this suggest ARS?
2 if you can tell how the lymph nodes and the sore throat would be in ARS? do they come severe?

my risk wasn't at all high as they told me in the prevention forum, but my symptoms are shocking!..

I just want to know if those symptoms are due to ARS, so that I have to test at 6 weeks mark..

thanks a lot
Hiya, well as you never had any risk you can beassured you cannot have ars can you buddy? The fact you had a sore throat and it went with away with sweets would also confirm its not ars. Symptom speculation is a complete waste of time.

Really mate, the best thing you can do is stop all this worrying and move on chap.
Appollo, thank you for the reassuring reply..
you and the other moderators of this group are doing a great job by bringing the rational thoughts to the posters..
you're answer is calming..
my thing is that I went to a counsellor (psychotherapist), I had a nice session with him, but the problem is that I studied psychology before, in a way I was aware of what he would tell me about, I felt that he was just applying a therapy method on me..
I'm not sure if you read my exposure in this post

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Prevention/Anus-preseminal-fluid/show/1761497#post_8107672

I'm not getting it scientifically why "frottage" is not a risk, the opening of the anus is a mucous membrane, and preseminal fluid may directly hit that area, then BAAMM, the transmission may occur!

this is the fact that is worrying me, when I got this slight sore throat twice! and painful nodes, what a coincidence! I was sure that I'm already infected!

when I meet my friends, and talk about sexual behaviors I feel myself in the safe side and I realize that "frottage" is a very common behavior.. but when I'm alone, I return to this thinking (mucous+preseminal contact)..

I used to have more risky behaviors in the past, it's weird why I'm worrying specifically to this incident.. that's anxiety, no?

I'm not doing sex anymore and I'm not willing to do.. until I meet the right person to be in a monogamous relationship, I think I need love!

you don't have to reply.. but it's nice to write in this forum and let people with knowledge read about my case..

Thanks again..
coincidence, yup thats the case in nearly all posters, which feeds their fear of HIV. If they didnt get ill ( which we all do from time to time ) then i dont belive many posters would really have a great concern.

I read your exposure before i posted and thats why i fully agree with the advice you have already had. You are over thinking about this, way to much. Look, sex is fine as long as you use condoms for penetrative sex, everything else presents no real risk of HIV, if it did the naturally it would be mentioned on hiv sites and by the who ( world health organisation )

Anxiety will play tricks in our mind and will shake our confidence but plain facts and simple knowlage will often shine through.
Thanks again Apollo...
it's amazing how anxiety can create exactly the symptoms that you are afraid from!
I must move on..
when I think that I want to test at 6 weeks mark, I become anxious from the fact that maybe I will have a false positive, it will be a great torture for me..

So I decided not to test... FINITO..

hopefully! :)
Here I'm back again, I must say that I'm really feeling better now..
I tested negative at 43 days mark..

I usually rely on a 6 weeks test..

My question: Does having Lupus can delay a seroconversion so the 6 weeks mark is not sufficient?

My mom was diagnosed with Lupus, and I'm not sure if I have it too, it's a heredity issue..

Teak says that Lupus may cause a false positive... in other websites, they say: An autoimmune disease will delay a seroconversion..

What do you think?

God bless you all
Move on with your life- you don't have HIV.
JGF25 OCD is not about reassuranc... Comment
misterworried joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 28
joihn joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 27