HIV Anxiety Support User Group
Anxiety Treatment question
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1227 members

Anxiety Treatment question

I'm currently in therapy for my anxiety.  In short, I had possible exposures 7 years ago. I tested 4weeks ago with a home oraquick swab.  It was negative.  I obsess over false negatives. Obsess over the sensitivity of the test  Obsess over the slightest ache, pain, sneeze, cough etc...  I think I also might be depressed. I have only had two sessions with my therapist. She believes I have underlying issues (which I do, I'm sure). I've never had these feelings before or felt like this. I almost feel like I am out of my body and just want to go back to normal. I'm annoyed with myself and just want to get over this and my involuntary emotions.

My questions are:

Has anyone been in therapy for HIV anxiety? How long did it take to resolve your feelings?  
Have you gone on any drugs? Have they helped? (I'm seeming my PC dr tomorrow so I want to ask)
Did therapy work?

JGF25 When you can get to the "WH... Comment
Aug 15
erb024 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 14
RubyWitch Life shrinks or expands in ... Comment
Aug 14