HIV Anxiety Support User Group
Anxiety over protected
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1231 members

Anxiety over protected

I am a gay male who met a guy and we engaged in anal sex with me as the bottom. He used a female condom on me which was a new experience for me. I guess I am looking for some insight as to the effectiveness of this as protection from HIV as well as other STI's. I am prone to HIV anxiety and go through so many what if's. Can anybody enlighten me on this please?  My local sexual health clinic says it is safe but still have lingering thoughts on it all.
Female condom works with same way as a male condom. As long as it remains intact it provides 100% protection.
Thank you so much.  I did something dumb though. After it was all said and done (he did not ejaculate in it during sex) I washed it off and experimented with practicing to put it in again. My curiosity got the best of me. Was this unsafe?  This happened 4 days later.  I feel foolish with this follow up question.
No, if there was any virus it would have died from exposure to the elements.
Just as I thought.  Thanks for your time. I have been here for almost a year and you and others have been such a source of information and comfort. I really appreciate all that this site does. Peace!
I am still struggling with the placing of the female condom inside me as practice 4 days later.....
"He used a female condom on me"

What are you practicing for? Your partner applied the condom.
Yes but I worried about putting it back in me four days later?
Already answered. Thread OVER.

-------------------------------THREAD CLOSED--------------------------------
                           ADDITIONAL POSTS WILL BE DELETED
----------------------------THIS THREAD IS OVER----------------------------
JGF25 commented on nursegirl6572's status
Sep 16
minhasgps joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 12
kt1982 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 10