HIV Anxiety Support User Group
Anxious - "NO RISK"
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1231 members

Anxious - "NO RISK"

Hi all,

Here again. Thank you for always listening. I recently had sex with a guy I know. He's from the Midwest. Anyway, I am not sure if the condom was put on correctly. It was dark and it is possible that he put it on then flipped it over and proceeded with vaginal sex.

Condom otherwise did not break or slip off. Teak told me I have no risk from condom flippage, but I've seen the doctors say it is a risk for HIV. Thoughts? Thank you.
As long as the condom did not break and stayed on you had no risk.
You don't EVER need to second guess Teak.
Does HIV die when it hits air? I am worried because the docs on the forum say it's a risk, but everywhere else I have searched -- it says negligible at best.

I hope the latter is correct. My partner seems well educated with condoms because we talked about them. And he says if he puts it on wrong, he throws it away and gets a new one. So I'm hoping he was careful with me. Alcohol was not a factor.
The doctors on this website do NOT say that your situation is a risk.
JGF25 commented on nursegirl6572's status
Sep 16
minhasgps joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 12
kt1982 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 10