Got Herpes, what is risk of HIV?
I'm sure this goes for most, but I'm terrified. 10 days ago, I had sex with a new partner (high-risk, street kid from Mexico - stupid, I know, I'm reminded every second of the day). I got sick within 24 hours, got sore throat, and itchy labia. Went to the doctor within 48 hours (Mexican doctor, I currently live in Mexico). Got a vaginal swab and syphilis and herpes II test. Developed blisters on labia. Tests come back, I've got herpes and candida, no syphilis.

We had sex twice; once at night, once in the morning. I contracted herpes at some point during the total of 15 minutes (not worth it). That morning, condom came off as he pulled out. Bottom of condom was outside my body, I pulled it out, but some fluids were in contact with my vagina.

So, I went on http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/hiv?page=basics-00-15 because I wanted answers and not ask redundant questions. However, now I am even more worried. It says having herpes makes it more likely that I got HIV (especially because I got my first infection from him). All in all, what is the likelyhood of me having contracted HIV if he has it? I am getting him tested when I see him next week (last test came up "no reactivo" which translates to "no reaction" which translates to that they didn't have a large enough amount of blood from him, according to Mexican doctor). Even though he will get tested, and it may say negative, I want to get a PCR test done, not have sex for two months with anyone, get another test done.

I'm terrified, I'm anxious, I think about it 24/7, I have nightmares about it, I wake up thinking about it at night, I can't work, I can't sleep.

Thoughts? What is my risk?
Your risk is not high. Test at 3 months for a conclusive result.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
nmcs123 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 29
NelsonGibbs111 added the Pain Tracker
Sep 09
NelsonGibbs111 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 09