Got Herpes, what is risk of HIV?
I'm sure this goes for most, but I'm terrified. 10 days ago, I had sex with a new partner (high-risk, street kid from Mexico - stupid, I know, I'm reminded every second of the day). I got sick within 24 hours, got sore throat, and itchy labia. Went to the doctor within 48 hours (Mexican doctor, I currently live in Mexico). Got a vaginal swab and syphilis and herpes II test. Developed blisters on labia. Tests come back, I've got herpes and candida, no syphilis.

We had sex twice; once at night, once in the morning. I contracted herpes at some point during the total of 15 minutes (not worth it). That morning, condom came off as he pulled out. Bottom of condom was outside my body, I pulled it out, but some fluids were in contact with my vagina.

So, I went on http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/hiv?page=basics-00-15 because I wanted answers and not ask redundant questions. However, now I am even more worried. It says having herpes makes it more likely that I got HIV (especially because I got my first infection from him). All in all, what is the likelyhood of me having contracted HIV if he has it? I am getting him tested when I see him next week (last test came up "no reactivo" which translates to "no reaction" which translates to that they didn't have a large enough amount of blood from him, according to Mexican doctor). Even though he will get tested, and it may say negative, I want to get a PCR test done, not have sex for two months with anyone, get another test done.

I'm terrified, I'm anxious, I think about it 24/7, I have nightmares about it, I wake up thinking about it at night, I can't work, I can't sleep.

Thoughts? What is my risk?
Your risk is not high. Test at 3 months for a conclusive result.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Sonyaxo commented on MY cuz
Dec 05
drifter0213 commented on MY cuz
Dec 04
BeStrong_ World AIDS Day, December 1,... Comment
Dec 01