HIV Anxiety Support User Group
Help
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1229 members

Help

Hi everyone

Over the past few months, I have had digestive issues( loose stools, overly excessive gas) and mouth problems   (filiform papillae on tongue are whitish color and some whitish marks on inside left cheek). My mouth has been really dry for the last 2 months. I showed my dentist and he said it was normal. My doctor looked at my tongue for 2 seconds and said its Thrush and prescribed Nystatin swish and swallow. The medicine did nothing. Everything I read suggests HIV. I had never had an HIV test until Feb 2013. I took 4 Oraquick home tests and had a Uni Gold rapid test at Planned Parenthood, all were negative. The exposure I am worried about occurred 10+ years ago. I haven't had any health issues until recently.  The exposure was unprotected sex with a stripper (I used a condom initially and long story short had 1-2 minutes of unprotected sex with ejaculation inside of her). When I did the Oraquick tests my mouth was dry and i'm worried if enough fluids got on the test strip. I've changed my ways and been with the same woman for close to 10 years. Is there any possible way my tests could have been false negatives? I read a lot about false negatives in late stage HIV. It seems like they are rare but they still happen which scares me. Both of my tests are FDA approved but I have read about false negatives in both( more so with the Oraquick).
1 Comment
False negatives never occur outside the window period (three months) with the rapid test. This is only a concern for testing within the first few weeks of an exposure. You have had 5 conclusive HIV test results, You DO NOT have HIV and it is time to stop testing and move on with your life. See a doctor if you have symptoms that concern you but they have nothing to do with HIV. If you cannot accept your negative HIV status, then seek a mental health professional.

Thread over. I've covered everything and there is nothing that you can say that will change my answer.

---------------------------------THREAD CLOSED---------------------------------
                            ADDITIONAL POSTS WILL BE DELETED
----------------------------THIS THREAD IS OVER--------------------------------
cannotstopworried added the Anxiety/Panic Tracker
Aug 31
cannotstopworried commented on positive
Aug 30
JGF25 OCD is not about reassuranc... Comment
Aug 29