Help
Hi everyone

Over the past few months, I have had digestive issues( loose stools, overly excessive gas) and mouth problems   (filiform papillae on tongue are whitish color and some whitish marks on inside left cheek). My mouth has been really dry for the last 2 months. I showed my dentist and he said it was normal. My doctor looked at my tongue for 2 seconds and said its Thrush and prescribed Nystatin swish and swallow. The medicine did nothing. Everything I read suggests HIV. I had never had an HIV test until Feb 2013. I took 4 Oraquick home tests and had a Uni Gold rapid test at Planned Parenthood, all were negative. The exposure I am worried about occurred 10+ years ago. I haven't had any health issues until recently.  The exposure was unprotected sex with a stripper (I used a condom initially and long story short had 1-2 minutes of unprotected sex with ejaculation inside of her). When I did the Oraquick tests my mouth was dry and i'm worried if enough fluids got on the test strip. I've changed my ways and been with the same woman for close to 10 years. Is there any possible way my tests could have been false negatives? I read a lot about false negatives in late stage HIV. It seems like they are rare but they still happen which scares me. Both of my tests are FDA approved but I have read about false negatives in both( more so with the Oraquick).
False negatives never occur outside the window period (three months) with the rapid test. This is only a concern for testing within the first few weeks of an exposure. You have had 5 conclusive HIV test results, You DO NOT have HIV and it is time to stop testing and move on with your life. See a doctor if you have symptoms that concern you but they have nothing to do with HIV. If you cannot accept your negative HIV status, then seek a mental health professional.

Thread over. I've covered everything and there is nothing that you can say that will change my answer.

---------------------------------THREAD CLOSED---------------------------------
                            ADDITIONAL POSTS WILL BE DELETED
----------------------------THIS THREAD IS OVER--------------------------------
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Moejordan commented on HIV Risk In Perspecti...
May 25
JGF25 is ready for summer! Comment
May 20
BeStrong_ joined this group
Welcome them!
May 19