HIV Anxiety Support User Group
I am so worried
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1224 members

I am so worried

Hello all, several weeks ago I had an encounter with a stripper which I totally regret and is absolutely occupying my thought 24 hours a day. She performed unprotected oral sex on me and then I performed oral sex on her to the point where she climaxed in my mouth with her fluids. I also was fingering her which I didn't know at the time I had a small cut on my finger right below my nail. I took a 3rd generation hiv test on day 36 after my incident which came back negative. I have been so nervous and worried since this encounter and I don't know if it is anxiety but my face feels like it is burning and swollen and I also feel like I have a lump in my throat. Do you think that m test at 36 days is a good sign that I have not contracted Hiv. Thanks for taking the time to read my post
Tags: worried
You NEVER had a risk for HIV from the activities that you describe and NEVER needed testing. You do not have an HIV concern.
Joggen, thanks for your comment. I am still very worried though. With my burning skin and my lump in my throat I am still nervous. Do you know what percentage a 5 week negative test would be to remain negative? Thank you
A test is POINTLESS. You might as well take a pregnancy test.
The last question I meant to say was that I had a 5 week 3rd generation hiv blood  test 4 weeks ago which came back negative. Do you know what percentage a 5 week negative test would remain that way if I did no further testing as you describe. Everbody says that a 6 week test is more definite than a five week test.Sorry for the question it's just that I am very worried, nervous and have a lot of anxiety. Thank you in taking the time to respond
Pee on a pregnancy stick test and it will be equally appropriate.
YOU NEVER HAD A RISK.
Thank you
wallflower1234 joined this group
Welcome them!
kirankarunakaran007 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 26
nervousone65 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 26