HIV Anxiety Support User Group
I must be really scared of HIV
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1200 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I must be really scared of HIV

I feel awful.  The logical side of my brain knows that the risk of HIV for me (giving 15 to 30 seconds worth of ellation to a married bi-sexual male who claims he has no STIs) is probably extremely small (assuming oral unprotected represents more than just a theoretical risk).  Suffice it to say probably as close to being mathematically impossible as one can get.  Maybe it is a guilty conscience.  All I know is I never want to feel like this again.
5 Comments
Blank
Should read fellatio without ejaculation or pre ejaculate.
Blank
1629919_tn?1342415036
Hiya, well indeed your correct, you had no riskof HIV at all and you need not worry any further. Their millions of threads like this and not one has ever got HIV from what you did, so worry not your not going to be the first.

Hope that helps
Blank
thanks for your support.  I just hate myself right now for having placed myself and my loving partner in this situation.  I knew it was wrong, and I am at a loss to explain why I proceeded to meet this man.  I am a horrible person, period, end of story.  
Blank
1629919_tn?1342415036
Hey your not buddy. We all make mistakes in life and your not the first or the last and it certainly does not make you a bad person. The fact you have guilt over it is enough to show you have concerns and feeling for her.

We all do daft things and have lost count of the ones i have done. Maybe its just life, maybe its just growing up, but that said we all make them. the key thing is to learn from what we did and understand why we did. The answers are not ready yet, but in time im sure they will come.

For now, just take it easy on yourself and think of the blessings you have and the good things in live rather than the guilt your carrying.
Blank
Hey there, not sure you are still visiting the forum but I thought I would try anyway.s ...  Everything you have said in your posts ring true with me.  I had the same exposure as you and totally spiralled down with anxiety and guilt.   Reading Apollo's replies really has helped me.
Blank
Recent Activity
675718_tn?1321008971
Blank
drifter0213 commented on Infiltrated Fistula
Apr 12
186166_tn?1385262982
Blank
LIZZIE LOU commented on "I Tried So Hard...
Apr 09
271792_tn?1334983257
Blank
IBKleen commented on "I Tried So Hard...
Apr 09
MedHelp Health Answers