HIV Anxiety Support User Group
Joggen, please help
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1216 members

Joggen, please help

Joggen, i need your help. I need your opinion and assessment regarding my case.

About a week ago, i went to use the public toilet for no 2. I usually experience bleeding from anal fissures when i go no 2 (due to my hemorrhoids) and it was the case also this time.

Half way through wiping, I realized that the paper was damp, and there were some red blot on the roll, so this could have came into contact directly with the bleeding fissures on my anus. (I also noticed my own blood on the paper)

I have been worried over the risk of catching HIV from using that toilet paper. I am afraid that someone who used the roll before me may have poured infected blood into the roll, or he could have ejected sperm into the roll.

My question is:

Could HIV transmit this way? Assuming that the toilet paper was soaked with HIV infected blood or sperm.
I heard that if blood/sperm come into direct contact with an open wound (in this situation, it is my anal fissures's bleeding), it could transmit HIV. Is that true?

Thanks Joggen, I would really appreciate your answer
Your concerns are completely irrational and are beyond the scope of help of this forum or any internet forum. My advice is to consult with a mental health professional,

This thread is OVER. No more posts please

-------------------------------------THREAD CLOSED---------------------------------
                        ADDITIONAL POSTS WILL BE DELETED
---------------------------------THIS THREAD IS OVER------------------------------
I said this thread is closed and I meant it. We don't entertain "what if" questions here. They are most appropriate for mental health professionals, If I thought you were at risk I would not have closed the thread.

If you post again you will be banned from the Group.
juanfearsfreddy joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 19
xicaxica85 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 15
JGF25 is amazed at how right Judg... Comment
Jul 14