HIV Anxiety Support User Group
Just a question
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1231 members

Just a question

The last two weeks I have been suffering from anxiety due to what I call a HIV scare,  rashes that come and go tingling in hands.  I watched wired little bumps rise and go away, mouth sores popping up and bleeding then disappear next day.   But I have one that will not it is like a mild sore throat. Not even mild really pretty light a bad dry mouth that comes and goes and it feels like there is a drip in my throat.  Can anxiety cause this because I'm pretty calm right now but my throat is driving me nuts

Anyone one ever experienced this throat problem due to anxiety. The throat soreness was worst this morning
May I  what your HIV scare was?
Is in the prevention forum I had protected sex with escort a month ago tested negative at 29 days she supplied condom
Also I got her off backpage by Detroit
What you are experiencing is nothing more than anxiety...... we are all in the same boat .... you are fine, you know that as you had protected sex
You never had a risk of HIV at all. Protected sex is just that. Time to move on with your life.
Thanks Apollo I really needed to hear that again
THis is really bothering me bc I never get sick, I might get a runny nose once a yr usually November,  I've never experienced this before
Coincidence, pure and simple. Condoms are 100% safe in protecting you against HIV.
I alsodevoloped a patch of white skin on my neck bigger than a quarter
No you havnt, dont bother making things up, it dose not cut the mustard. Even if you did, its nothing to do with HIV is it? Stop wasting your time about HIV because you never had a risk and if you cannot except that then you will basically never have sex again and lead a life on your own, is that really what you want?

Or you can get get help your your HIV phobia or just understand the basic facts of HIV and that is protected sex with a condom is no risk of HIV.

The choise is your buds.

No it's there if u want a pic. I didn't think it was HIV related and im doing better with anxiety but I thought I would mention it.  
Buddy their is no point listing any illness's. You didnt have a risk of HIV
I told myself I wouldn't come back here to post anything and I've calmed down a lot but the other day my back and chest have a red rash on upper parts and my throat is still draining I figured it was allergies but I'm not stuffed up at all, and today my forehead has broken out.  No I am not creating this at all.    I'm still calm right now and getting easier everyday, but these sumptoms are starting to mess with my mind again.   How accurate was my test at 29 days last week. Which was negative
It depends.  With a standard anti-body test more than 90% of new infections will turn up positive at the 4 week mark, whereas close to 100% will turn up positive with a 4th Gen DUO test.  

None of this really matters though, as as Apollo1971 already told you you didn't even have a risk to begin with.  Condom's are 100% effective in protecting you against HIV if it doesn't break.  How is HIV supposed to infect you if your meatus ("pee hole") is completely covered?  Her vaginal fluids had absolutely no way of getting into your urethra and infecting you (IF she even had HIV, which she very likely didn't!).  In short, you were protected and there's no way in hell you could've gotten infected in that manner.

Lastly, you gotta stop analyzing "symptoms".  If there's one thing I've noticed from people suffering from HIV-related anxiety is that we all have the tendency to do the exact same thing, which is over-analyze our symptoms.  We aren't doctors, and we are in no way shape or form in any position to be diagnosing ourselves.  What you described sounds like it could've very easily been tonsillitis or even strep throat, which are two conditions that are MUCH more likely to be the cause of your symptoms than HIV.  I used to get strep throat (or sore throats in general for that matter) almost yearly during the summer months, and it obviously had nothign to do with HIV.  Just because you "never" get sick that doesn't mean you aren't still human and can pick up your run-of-the-mill cold or virus like every other human being on the planet. Any expert or health professional will tell you that symptoms are completely and utterly useless when it comes to diagnosing HIV, as a lot of people that are infected don't even report even having experienced any symptoms at all during the first few weeks!  Get some anti-biotics for your condition and move on, plain and simple.  

In short, you've been reassured by numerous people on this website (many of whom are very knowledgeable on the subject) that you had a non-risk and that testing isn't even merited.  Based on the details you provided, I'd have to agree with them as well.  If you have a hard time believing us though then just go get tested and get your negative result so you can alleviate your concerns.  
Yesterday I sent Apollo an email because I thought that some red bumps on my back were a symptom of HIV infection.... he once again reminded me that the encounter I had was not a risk and that helped me to calm down. Our anxiety allows us to over think and things on our bodies all of a sudden become some big deal when in fact they are not.
Well I don't think them  I see them they've been there for two days
To clarify, I do see the red bumps on my back ... and I do know you see what you describe but bud you have to remove HIV from whatever it is that you are seeing...
Sorry I misread ur post
Tad
It is ok ....  no worries ... I will request to add you as a friend .... please accept...  would like to keep in touch ...
I appreciate everyone's comments they do help
Red bumps on one's back is very normal during the summer.  It can easily be a heat rash caused by sweating.  Everyone needs to stop reading too much into symptoms as they really don't mean a damn thing when it comes to early HIV infection.  
You are right ....  Still need reminders on such things..
Well my post nasal drip is almost gone. It's been two weeks And I still have the same pink colored rash on chest and back. It is not raised doesn't itch at all. I also have some very small dark red spots on my chest the size of a needle pin would be the best way to explain it.  I am not stressed out any more I am usually quite convinced that I had no risk.  But when I see this rash and every time I felt that drip in my throat I have to question if the condom the escort provided was latex.  It felt a lil more snug than a condom I wold have bought maybe that's a good thing.   Anyways this been going on for a while driving me crazy. I don't think I've had a fever but two days ago I got bad headache I went right to bed and when I woke upy post nasal drip was much better but I still have rash
Hey I just noticed on the very back of my tongue a huge lesion it is white.  I am freaking out again now.   What else could cause this
nothing to do with hiv, thats all that can be said chap
Go see a doctor about it.  I can guarantee you it isn't HIV related based on your incident.
As long as its not related to HIV.  I have family I hope I didn't infectmy kids mother I don't know what I'd do
Im going insane. I have little white or actually pale dots on my gums as well slightly raised.   This is no fun never been so scared in my life it'll be 7 weeks on Tuesday I think I'm going to test again
It will be negative, you had protected sex. as per your PM.
I didn't test again I'm starting to feel confident that im safe. But who knows what game my mind will play next lol. Any way it's been 7 weeks so I figure any symptoms I can even come up with have gone on to long or it is too late for symptoms to appear for HIV.  Thank you Apollo and rainlover for helping me with anxiety. I hope it's over but somehow I doubt it
Not testing is the first foot forward to moving on buds. It means deep down its pointless and you dont need to. The rest will sort its self out in time im sure.
Well my throat is still bothering me and those bumps on the bac of my tongue are raised not going down. So I called my family doctor today and I'm going in at 3:00.   I am very worried but I'm not going to mention anything about my incident or HIV. So I hope this goes well.
Well I got pretty reassuring news those bumps are my taste buds huge but normal.    Said the top of my throat is inflamed. Caucusing drip and mucus, however this could be caused by an INFECTION he said he wasn't sure. I think he called it Chinese water torture of the throat or something gave me a steroid to inhale up the nose.   But I've been dealing with this too long I hope for it to be HIV related
You want it to be HIV related??? Then its time you got help buddy, this paranoia has gone to far.
Lol that was a misbprint
I hope is not supposed to be there
Like you have assured me that I am fine, I am attempting to do the same for you ....
JGF25 commented on nursegirl6572's status
Sep 16
minhasgps joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 12
kt1982 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 10