HIV Anxiety Support User Group
Nervous Wreck
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1229 members

Nervous Wreck

Okay, I know I've posted on here before but I'd like to gain more insight.
Anyone with HIV anxiety must know exactly what I'm going through.

Here is my story:
7 weeks ago today I had protected sex with a high risk partner. Although a condom was used I cannot help thinking maybe it had a hole in it or I had it on wrong. After penetration I noticed blood on the condom and freaked out!
Ever since then I haven't had any symptoms until about 6.5 weeks post possible exposure I started to have muscle spasms in my neck and some head pressure. . This worried me sick. I began to obsessively feel the lymph nodes in my neck checking for swelling. At first there was no swelling but now the two behind my ears and very swollen and I also have one swollen tonsil.  Could this be caused by me messing with them or maybe ARS?!?

In fear, this morning I bought an OraQuick oral swab test to check my status. It was negative.
That should calm me down, right? It hasn't. Are those test reliable? Is a test at 7 weeks reliable?
Has anyone ever here of a 7 week test turning positive at 12 weeks???

Any RESPECTFUL input is appreciated. Sorry for all the questions. I am a complete nervous wreck right now. I literally haven't eaten or slept well in days.
1 Comment
Take in mind your zero risk and a negative test from a FDA approved test that is very much conclusive at this time, put that all together and logic will dictate its time to stop this and learn from it and start living your life again.
cannotstopworried added the Anxiety/Panic Tracker
Aug 31
cannotstopworried commented on positive
Aug 30
JGF25 OCD is not about reassuranc... Comment
Aug 29