HIV Anxiety Support User Group
Nurse girl please help (HIV anxiety)
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1216 members

Nurse girl please help (HIV anxiety)

Hello NurseGirl,

I have read your journals and this is the first time I am posting a question to you directly. In one of your replies in the following thread

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Obsessive-Compulsive-Disorder-OCD-/Had-a-cut-and-didnt-know/show/1750035

You said that

"1.)  There has to be viable infectious material...blood, semen, etc.  In order for that fluid to remain infectious and viable, it can NOT be exposed to the elements.  The moment it is exposed to the elements, that outer shell starts breaking down, rendering it useless.  The EXACT period of time the entire viral particle takes to become inactive is not important, as you seem to think..because again, it becomes damaged and the "dying" process of the virus begins immediately.  The virus does not have to be 100% "dead' for it not to be infectious.  THIS IS WHY TRANSMISSION HAS TO TAKE PLACE INSIDE THE BODY, NO EXCEPTIONS  2.)  There has to be ENOUGH infectious fluid to cause infection.  A drop, two drops, 20 drops of a fluid is not enough, even in a REAL risk situation, like unprotected sex.  3.)  There has to be a vulnerable tissue, or an entry point that will allow the virus access to the bloodstream, which HAS TO HAPPEN for transmission to occur."

I know that I am obsessing about an indicent that happened in the washroom of my office day before yesterday. As I was leaving the washroom I began to obsess that I might have seen something dark red/black on the door handle that was about the size of 3 dimes. I was in a hurry to get out of the washroom as I fear blood on door handles on washrooms for some reason. I was in the washroom for over a minute washing hands with no one else entering or leaving the washroom during that time. I know that my fears are irrational but I need your comments.

Your point 2 says that you need enough viable fluid for transmission and even 20 drops is not enough. Can you explain this point a bit more. I have a 1 year old son a great wife and a great job but am cursed with OCD. I feel like taking stress leave as I have been obsessing about HIV since Decmeber 2012 and its tyring me out. I have been seeing a psychatrist, taking medicenes but I get some relief and then I have another scenrio build up.

My fear is that I might have accidently got some blood on my fingers that then rubbed my eyes, or put the fingers in my ears to clean them or put them in my nose. I feel stupid posting this but I am in tears

Thanks is Advance. God Bless You  
1 Comment
Nursegirl doesn't answer questions on this forum. You need to post in the HIV Prevention forum.
juanfearsfreddy joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 19
xicaxica85 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 15
JGF25 is amazed at how right Judg... Comment
Jul 14