Please help.
This whole std axiety started 3 years ago after having unprotected sex and then having an allergic reaction to body wash that I thought was herpes. Anyway. All my new axiety seems to be about HIV.

I am not an iv drug user, nor have I been with anyone since dec 2011. Iv been tested 3 times since and I had finally come to terms with the fact that I was set negative.

Well last happened. Idk my brothers HIV status. I don't think he is an iv drug user and idk about his safe sex practices.

Anyway, lasynight he asked me to look at something on his back because he wasn't sure what it was. I ran my hand across it and noticed it was a scab. I don't think it was bleeding but I can't b sure. Anyway, right after that I rubbed my chin that has a scab. When I guess I rubbed to hard and pulled the scab off and it began to bleed.

So my question is, if he is hiv positive, and I thouched his scab that may have had blood on it, and then touched my own blood what is my chances of having HIV.

Please help. This is starting to take over my whole thought process. And is making me sick with worry.
Your chance is zero. HIV is not transmitted outside the body.
Even if I touched his blood and then my own bloody open wound within a minute?
Still no risk. HIV IS NOT transmitted outside the body under any circumstances.
So regarding this. I had a cut on the roof of my mouth show up tonight. Its doesn't hurt but it is there. Iv also had a very sore neck the last couple days and cold symptoms seems to be appearing.

I talked a nurse tonight. And she told me that what I described was def a way to get it and that HIV lives in blood and DOES NOT at all die right away once out of the host. So I am truly confused because you guys are saying 2 completely different things.

This has taken over my life and I know ucant test for atleast 6 weeks but I'm afraid I will lose my mind before then... Please help.
The nurse that you talked to was an idiot. Nobody in the world has ever caught HIV in the manner that you describe, trust me.
Even tho is technically blood to blood contact?
You're asking the same questions that were already answered.

Your concern over this incident is irrational. You have no reason to suspect your brother has HIV in the first place (HIV is rare in heterosexual men) so why are you so obsessed over it in the first place? The fact that this concerns you in the first place suggests an HIV obsession such as OCD.

Anyway, for the LAST TIME, contact with blood outside the body is NOT a risk. HIV is a weak, fragile virus that requires the exact conditions inside the body to be viable, including the correct TEMPERATURE, pH, oxygen, etc. Once it is outside its host it loses its ability to infect because it lacks these conditions.

Accept that or not, I don't care, but I'm not here to argue about it.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Charliechuckle joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 06
drifter0213 commented on my knee
Feb 03
AnxiatyBob joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 01