HIV Anxiety Support User Group
Ramadan is here and I am afraid it would affect my window period
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1241 members

Would Fasting for 19 hours per day from water and food severely infect the immune system and affect the production of antibodies past 3 months. Is 3 months for all or only for the American Society? I started fasting exactly after 9 weeks from the exposure. They say I have no risk and I believe them. I am only asking this question for Muslims like me to benefit from it. Would fasting affect the immune systems response to a new hiv infection?
hiv is a blood virus and fasting will not effect that, not to mention you didnt have a risk of hiv, so im not sure why your still concerned?
what i meant was wouldn't fasting reduce the immune system's ability to produce antibody thus prolonging the window period.

The thing is I have ocd and I cant trust my story about what happened. I know i didn't penetrate her on purpose but the underwear I was wearing could have contained openings for urination, and then I could have penetrated her without knowing. We were so close and she was naked. I know she insisted on wearing a condom when i wanted to have sex with her and luckily I backed off then. But I still fear I might have accidentally bin in her somehow. I am going to a psychiatrist every week and that is relaxing me a bit but in Germany we only get one hour per week. The only thing that could get my mind at ease again is if I test negative after the window period!!

I already had two duo tests that came negative at 3 and 7 weeks and my doctor says that was enough given the fact that I am circumcised and that there was no risk. But I need the three month test to be able to move on.

Now I fear that fasting could reduce my bodies ability to produce antibodies   (in case i have hiv) and so elongating the window period. The Muslim part of the world is careless when it comes to sexual health and so I don't think such studies have bin made about this.

So my question is would fasting affect the window period?
nap0269 joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 17
Hello1256969 commented on HIV Risk In Perspecti...
Dec 13
caregiver222 commented on toys
Dec 09