HIV Anxiety Support User Group
Re: Accuracy of HIV Test Results
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1320 members

Re: Accuracy of HIV Test Results

HI everyone!

I hope everyone is coping well with their anxiety. Im not.

Anyway, it's my 32nd day after possible exposure today and I am sort of in a state of panic yet again.

I recently just got another rapid test (HIV 1/2 Standard Diagnostics) and it came out NON REACTIVE. Although this should give me somewhat peace of mind, I can't seem to find the strength to do that.

Below are the tests I've taken with regards to this situation:

Day 1- HIV Antibody Test- Result: Non-Reactive

Day 13: HIV Duo Rapid Test (Standard Diagnostics Combi Test HIV Ab/Ag)- Result: Non-Reactive, No Antigen present in the blood

Day 29- HIV Rapid Test (HIV 1/2 Antibody Test Standard Diagnostics) Results: Non-Reactive

Day 32- I am planning to get another test done today.

But can anyone help me assess the result? Given all the tests I've taken, should I expect a non-reactive result again on my 3rd month?

Is my last test (which came out non-reactive) a good indication of my overall HIV status?

I'm really sorry for asking questions. I just need help.

I hope someone responds to this.
1 Comment
I thought you said you were going to take a DUO.

The rapid tests are 80-90% accurate at 4 weeks.

Please don't post again until you have results of a DUO, which will be negative.

You don't seem to be listening to the advice that I've been giving, so there is no point in continuing this discussion until you have DUO results.
drifter0213 commented on advanced niTD
Apr 28
Theobaldm1989 commented on advanced niTD
Apr 28