HIV Anxiety Support User Group
Scared and hopeful
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1234 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Scared and hopeful

I am fairly new to this site and this is not a question per say, just a cry for help. I experienced a long term relationship for two years and we were sexually active for about a year, 7 months unprotected. At this point, I have been experiencing a terrible fear of HIV contraction and have been debating for a while about posting on one of these forums. I can't really talk to my parents because of the fear of them knowing I had unprotected sex so I have been talking to counselors. My partner tested negative about 3 months ago, but being the worrier that I am, I entered this stage when the "symptoms" came. I just need someone to talk to, positive or negative, on the forum or through email or cell phone contact, to help me ease my fear and anxiety. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
6 Comments
Blank
Well, your partner tested negative, so that makes your risk close to zero.

When was your last unprotected sex with him?
Blank
My last unprotected sex with him was March 24/25 and before that March 9.
Blank
Have an HIV test next week. It will be 6 weeks and the test will be over 99% accurate. Follow up at three months for a conclusive result. They will be negative.
Blank
Okay thanks or the advice. I will test at six weeks and keep you posted
Blank
And thanks for your advice

Blank
*typo* thanks for your reassurance
Blank
Recent Activity
Blank
dwella added the Mood Tracker
Oct 16
Blank