HIV Anxiety Support User Group
State of Panic
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1200 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

State of Panic

Hi Guys!

Sorry for posting again, Joggen, please dont ban me I really dont have anyone to turn to right now.

5 days after my first HIV Duo test which I posted here in this group too, I started feeling this small nodes on my neck. I am not sure if this was caused by the sleeping position I had last night but I woke up with a feeling of swollen neck glands. I am trying my best not to freak out here but again, I am not able to perform or do anything with this condition.

I do not have fever, or sore throat, except for a hoarse throat which is due to a post-nasal drip I have, no signs of the hiv rash, normal fatigue. No other symptoms related to HIV except for the small nodes that i feel on my neck which wasnt there before.

Can someone please enlighten me on the following things:

1. Can swollen glands exist without the other signs of HIV? Ive read that swollen glands together with high grade fever, night sweats/chills, sore throat with ulcers and rashes all over the body are more often than not the primary symptoms that can be associated with HIV, can someone confirm this for me?

2. What exactly do swollen glands look like and feel like with HIV infection? The internet says that some nodes are readily felt but they dont necessarily mean they are enlarged or inflamed.

3. Can swollen neck glands be caused by the wrong sleeping position or physical trauma?

4. Should I be alarmed and get tested again? I just got a negative result 5 days ago.

Please help me....

PLEASE

1 Comment
Blank
Symptoms do not diagnose HIV.
Blank
Recent Activity
675718_tn?1321008971
Blank
drifter0213 commented on Infiltrated Fistula
Apr 12
186166_tn?1385262982
Blank
LIZZIE LOU commented on "I Tried So Hard...
Apr 09
271792_tn?1334983257
Blank
IBKleen commented on "I Tried So Hard...
Apr 09
MedHelp Health Answers