HIV Anxiety Support User Group
Still very worried
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1228 members

Still very worried

Hello everyone, I posted my question in the HIV prevention forum, and was told that I never had an HIV risk. I dont think that it was correct information. I asked further and was completely dismissed and directed here by Teak. Is he right? Here was my question,

I have been very depressed lately as I fear I may have contracted HIV in a very uncommon way. I hung out one time with a boy who I met at college. I just graduated high school. Anyway, we were making out, and all the sudden he put my hand down his pants onto his penis. I felt a bit of moisture I think, who knows if it was pre*** or ***, I dont even know. However, I didnt want to do anything with him like that so I pulled away and told him to slow down. That was the end of that. Six days later I had swollen lymph nodes in my armpit that were tender to the touch (I never get them there normally). Now about a month and a half later all the lymph nodes in my groin feel like theyre little balls under my skin, and I dont think that's normal. They do not hurt though. Could I really have gotten HIV from only touching his penis? Did I get it by rubbing my eye afterwards or something like that?? This is terrible. Im not promiscuous at all :(

I read that semen in contact with the eye poses a risk. I dont understand how Teak could dismiss it as no risk at all? What are your thoughts? Responses are greatly appreciated (:
HIV is transmitted through penetrative sex (vaginal or anal). You can't get infected from transfer of genital secretions outside the body (including the eye). No risk.
That makes me feel a lot better, thank you. Do you think I should test anyway?
No risk = no test.
its so strange that all of my groin and neck lymph nodes are all swollen now. I dont see how it could be unrelated
I really doubt that unless your doctor diagnosed lymphoadenopathy. If you don't believe me then have a single antibody test at 6 weeks.
joihn joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 27
Apollo1971 God Quote.Muslims have mart... Comment
Aug 23
JGF25 When you can get to the "WH... Comment
Aug 15