Still very worried
Hello everyone, I posted my question in the HIV prevention forum, and was told that I never had an HIV risk. I dont think that it was correct information. I asked further and was completely dismissed and directed here by Teak. Is he right? Here was my question,

I have been very depressed lately as I fear I may have contracted HIV in a very uncommon way. I hung out one time with a boy who I met at college. I just graduated high school. Anyway, we were making out, and all the sudden he put my hand down his pants onto his penis. I felt a bit of moisture I think, who knows if it was pre*** or ***, I dont even know. However, I didnt want to do anything with him like that so I pulled away and told him to slow down. That was the end of that. Six days later I had swollen lymph nodes in my armpit that were tender to the touch (I never get them there normally). Now about a month and a half later all the lymph nodes in my groin feel like theyre little balls under my skin, and I dont think that's normal. They do not hurt though. Could I really have gotten HIV from only touching his penis? Did I get it by rubbing my eye afterwards or something like that?? This is terrible. Im not promiscuous at all :(

I read that semen in contact with the eye poses a risk. I dont understand how Teak could dismiss it as no risk at all? What are your thoughts? Responses are greatly appreciated (:
HIV is transmitted through penetrative sex (vaginal or anal). You can't get infected from transfer of genital secretions outside the body (including the eye). No risk.
That makes me feel a lot better, thank you. Do you think I should test anyway?
No risk = no test.
its so strange that all of my groin and neck lymph nodes are all swollen now. I dont see how it could be unrelated
I really doubt that unless your doctor diagnosed lymphoadenopathy. If you don't believe me then have a single antibody test at 6 weeks.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
drifter0213 commented on Feels like life is ov...
Charliechuckle joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 06
drifter0213 commented on my knee
Feb 03