Suggested Resources- Please Read
I just wanted to share a couple of self-help resources (or more accurately, authors of such resources) for those currently suffering from HIV Anxiety.

The first author is Dr. David D. Burns, who helped found the Cognitive Therapy movement. Dr. Burns attributes anxiety and other emotional disorders to disturbances in one's thoughts, and teaches how to recognize these disturbances and correct them. He is the author of self-help books such as "Feeling Good", "The Feeling Good Handbook", and ""When Panic Attacks".

The second author, recommended to me by Nursegirl, is Dr. Claire Weekes.  Dr. Weekes is the author of "Peace From Nervous Suffering" and "Hope and Help For Your Nerves".  "The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook", which deals with phobias, is also highly recommended by Nursegirl for those suffering from HIV Anxiety. It is very interactive, and allows the reader to track their anxiety.

Please consider checking out these authors on Amazon if you are currently suffering from HIV Anxiety. Of course, anything that involves getting away from Internet researching and reading about HIV is beneficial, whether it is work or a hobby. Another suggestion is to join a gym and begin a regular exercise program (appropriate for your fitness level, of course). Even 30-40 minutes of brisk walking a day can significantly improve one's mood.

J.

Thank you so much for all the advice, wisdom, and recommendations.
It really does help.
Dr. Claire Weekes is excellent. Her books helped me tremendously when I had panic attacks in my 20's.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Charliechuckle joined this group
Welcome them!
drifter0213 commented on my knee
Feb 03
AnxiatyBob joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 01