HIV Anxiety Support User Group
To Joggen
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1227 members

To Joggen

Thank you joggen, for the great job you've been doing in helping people.
I read your post--Protected Sex and CSWs, and I feel relieved a lot from it. It has cleared a lot of worries about the condom use and CSW.
However, I think my anxiety is still difficult to be  repelled completely because I always think my situation is sort of exceptional.
Maybe you've heard that some China underground plants are very good at producing fake condoms, pretending to be the famous brand--durex, jissbon, etc. And it's hard to distinguish them from the package because they are almost the same. However, the fake condom is much cheaper and of poorer quality.
Many people in the developing countries are using such condoms. They are latex but I'm not sure how effective they are in preventing hiv transmission.
And that is where my concern comes from.
Do you think latex condom of very poor quality(certainly without any quality test when they are produced) can transmit hiv even they just look intact and do not slip?
I'm sorry, just forget about the title.
I appreciate any of the moderators here to give me an advice.
Thank you very much.
Your just asking the same question here that you did in the other forum and your going to get the same answers, but the facts are quiet simple.

Unless you got a burst condom you will not be at risk of HIV. Also even if the condom was poor quality it still would not effect you. The Virus cannot seep through the latex. Latex in not porous in the way you imagine, certainly not enough to get a virus past it. For eg, glass is porous did you know that?, but if HIV blood was on one side of the glass and you were the other would you still be concerned about HIV, of course not. Thats basically what your situation is with the condom, its just impossible. Not to mention its very unlikley they even had HIV anyway and more so i dont belive she would use a poor quality condom because she use's condom to protect herself from you and i dont belive she would know the difference let alone tell you that in the first place.

Really its time to forget about this now, unstand the facts and stop worrying about it.
Dear Apollo,
Thank you very much for giving me such detailed relief.
Where my paranoid comes from is based on the following facts:
1)the CSW I had sex with is cheap, and she told me she had a lot of African and migrant workers clients
2)before the intercourse, I asked her is wearing a condom necessary, she said it's up to me.
so I think the 2 facts both add to the chances that she had HIV or other STDs...
The 2 facts confirm what i thought, you have not read and understood the posts,and they do not increase your risk of HIV.

It matters not even if she had HIV, you will not be at risk even with the worse condom made. As long as it does not break you cannot be at risk for the above reasons i mentioned.

Your beating a dead horse here buddy. So look, i understand you concerns and that is can you get HIV from a poor quality condom, and the answer is quiet clear NO.

Please relax if their was any chance you were at risk you would be told for sure.
Thank you so much, Apollo.
Your expertise and patience relieved me a great deal.
Just one last question.
I didn't check the condom after the vaginal sex, and I didn't ejaculate.
What I can remember is when I drew my penis out, from a brief glance I didn't see a wide open breakage on the condom. It just looked normal when I looked down at it. And then I lied down to let the CSW take it off me.
I can't help recalling all these details. As time goes by, the memory becomes vague, and I'm afraid I have forgotten anything significant that could have put me at risk.
From what I described, is it possible that my condom broke but I didn't realize it?
If it had broken then their would be nothing to take off would their?
so, in your opinion there are no small leaks on the condom then?
I wonder if the leaks were caused by fingernails or teeth, would it really become wide open that cannot be neglected?
Your asking the same quesion with different words, all i can give you is the same answer NO, their are NO leaks, common mate how hard is this to understand? And no to the rest you asked, it dosnt happen.

They either word or fail -period. Yours worked, end of story.
Thank you so much, Apollo.
You are very helpful and kind
JGF25 When you can get to the "WH... Comment
Aug 15
erb024 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 14
RubyWitch Life shrinks or expands in ... Comment
Aug 14