HIV Anxiety Support User Group
Worried for my family.
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1223 members

Worried for my family.

Hi guys, I've tested with antibody only test via LabCorp at 5 weeks and 12.5 weeks. Both result negative. Doctor told me I will need 6 month test to be definitive. I'm so worried right now, I can't stop thinking about it my action and what I deserve. My wife is 7 months pregnant with our second child. I also have a 1 and half year old daughter. I love them more than anything I this world and would do anything to make them happy. I want to protect them but because of this biggest mistake of my life, I'm in state of depression for more than 5 months. I need some help, I feel I'm losing hope.
Hiya, i agree you need help.

You are HIV negative and their is nothing you can say or add that is going to make any difference on that matter, as you have been told by Dr H.

Your issue is guilt, nothing more and its as simple as that.

You cannot give somone somthing, that you do not have, and you dont have HIV thats a fact, plain and simple.

You made a mistake and the guilt is killing you and you cannot confess to your wife and your worried if she gets ill you will have to confess to her your actions. Also, this pointless self torture is a way of not dealing with this issue and not facing up to what happened, but it has.

Only you can resolve this and thats by either accepting you made a mistake and putting it behind you or if you cannot then seek help from a psychiatrist to help you deal with this better than you are, because its quiet eveident your not coping with this by your actions.

I think you should get off HIV forums, you really dont need them now and start spending time with your wife. In time this will go away but if you feel you need help then see a psychiatrist before this goes to far.

Best of luck
Apollo i love ur comment.. Nomoreanxieties, work on guilt issue, not hiv.. U dont have hiv. Trust ur result..
i'm so depressed right now, today's my 30th birthday, I want to live and take care of my family but I'm anxious and stressed. I am suffering, I think I might just man up and tell my pregnant wife the truth...but it will make her feel so miserable, i don't want to hurt her but I don't want to deal with this guilt for the rest of my life...any help/suggestions?
Happy Birthday..

Personally i would not tell your wife. She is having a baby and the stress that this could create could make her ill, which is not ideal when your pregnant.

Nothing is stopping you living or taking care of your family apart from yourselve.

You have scared yourself to a level you have not been to before and it will take time for you to de-stress and thats what you have to do, de-stress.

Focus on your family but as i said, if you cannot cope get help for your mental health. Their is no quick answer ot cure for this, but only time it will resolve itself.
Thanks Apollo, I spoke with one of my close co-worker and he told me the same thing, to not tell my pregnant wife and treat her and my kids better everyday for the rest of my life.
Please do mate and just relax a wee bit and enjoy your birthday. Your not the first or last to do this and like many mistakes in life, its not always what we have done, its how we deal with it and move on that counts.

Best of luck.
Went to see a doctor today, he told me to not tell my wife and move on, forget myself and treasure my family everyday.
I feel so guilty for my wife and family. I feel bad. I think she doesn't deserve someone like me.
I'm having this severe sore throat right now, and it has been 25 weeks post exposure. Can I be seroconverting now? I will have my 6 months antibody test done next Monday per my doctors recommendation, will I turn negative? Please help, my fear and anxieties are at all time high again.  Thanks in advance.
This isnt and wont be your first or last sore throat buds, its normal. The test will be negative, you must stop worrying about this. Trust the advice that doctor H has given you, he is a Hiv expert.
I know exactly how you're feeling. Hang in there, you can handle this.

You may just be depressed and your anxiety is finding an outlet. Time to stop reading this forum and the web, and go live your life with your family. Seek therapy and ask a Dr/psych if anxiety meds or anti depression medications are appropriate for you. The therapy/meds combo works wonders for many.  

Much good health to you, your wife, daughter and new addition on the way!
I appreciate the help and support u guys have given me, it really means a lot to me.
As my testing 6 month testing date approaches, I get more and more anxious. In addition, i have not been recovered from my sore throat and it has been more than a week, along with headache and muscle aches. I'm really worried, work is so stressful as well. Please help me get through this.
Seek psychiatric help for your depression.
Just have my blood drawn for 6 month antibody testing LabCorp panel 083824. So scared about the result, i should receive the result back later this week or early next week. Cross my fingers. I love my wife and family!
I just had my lab report back for 6 months HIV, Hep B and Hep C. All non-reactive (negative). I will move on with my life now! thanks for all your supports!
Good to hear, so best of luck in the future.
My lab result's date of sample collection was wrong. I went in to get my blood drawn on 2/4 and the report shows 2/3 at 9pm. No labs are opening Sunday night. The report does show my correct name and date of birth. Do you think they tested for someone else's blood?

The medic group called me back and said LabCorp made a clerical error on my sample collection date, is that possible?
This is getting quiet pointless now and its not healthy. You have been told by a hiv expert you were negative weeks ago. Further testing and your paranoia are pointless because YOU HAVE ALREADY TESTED NEGATIVE AND DID NOT NEED TO TEST AGAIN!! THIS TEST COUNTS FOR NOTHING.

Its time to get help for your current mental, really their is nothing else we can do for you and i will not get drawn into answering questions regarding hiv or any tests that you do.
Hi Apollo,

You are a great person and sincerely appreciate your help on this forum. I understand I need to stop thinking about this issue and put it behind me, and I need to stop reading the forums here, but I do hope you understand that for a highly anxious person like me who saw something not perfect in particularly with a HIV test, it just blow thing way out of proportion. I hope I can come out of it very soon and live my normal life again.

Thanks again, I will force myself to not asking any stupid questions anymore.

Peace!
kirankarunakaran007 joined this group
Welcome them!
1 hr ago
nervousone65 joined this group
Welcome them!
mizwed joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 25