Would Like To Know Details On Below Test Report.

I had my intercourse couple of months before & that was safe/protected. I'm not sure if that girl was infected with HIV. Now i'm getting married in next couple of months. So to be on safer side i went for blood tests & the report states as below,

HIV 1/HIV 2 Abs - Non Reactive

The non reactive hiv 1/2 antibody result indicates that antibodies to hiv 1/2 have not been detected in this specimen. This result does not preclude previous exposure or infection.

The Rest Of The Blood Report is Normal except a little high in thyroid levels.

Doctor mentioned that I'm on safer side. I just want to know how accurate the results are and can i proceed further with my marriage plans. I don't want to risk another life because of my mistake. so curious to know more details on the above report.

Thank You
If you had protected intercourse and the condom didn't fail, then you didn't put yourself at risk for HIV. You can continue with your wedding plans.

PS. People who has a REAL risk are suggested to tested 3 months post exposure, but even in that case, a Negative result at 2 months (like in your case) is HIGHLY unlikely to change.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
drifter0213 commented on MY cuz
Dec 04
BeStrong_ World AIDS Day, December 1,... Comment
Dec 01
specialmom commented on MY cuz
Nov 30