HIV Anxiety Support User Group
Would Like To Know Details On Below Test Report.
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1225 members

I had my intercourse couple of months before & that was safe/protected. I'm not sure if that girl was infected with HIV. Now i'm getting married in next couple of months. So to be on safer side i went for blood tests & the report states as below,

HIV 1/HIV 2 Abs - Non Reactive

The non reactive hiv 1/2 antibody result indicates that antibodies to hiv 1/2 have not been detected in this specimen. This result does not preclude previous exposure or infection.

The Rest Of The Blood Report is Normal except a little high in thyroid levels.

Doctor mentioned that I'm on safer side. I just want to know how accurate the results are and can i proceed further with my marriage plans. I don't want to risk another life because of my mistake. so curious to know more details on the above report.

Thank You
1 Comment
If you had protected intercourse and the condom didn't fail, then you didn't put yourself at risk for HIV. You can continue with your wedding plans.

PS. People who has a REAL risk are suggested to tested 3 months post exposure, but even in that case, a Negative result at 2 months (like in your case) is HIGHLY unlikely to change.
mastermindskn93 joined this group
Welcome them!
JGF25 my son was in a terrible ca... Comment
Jul 28
wallflower1234 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 27