HIV Anxiety Support User Group
a wreck
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1216 members

a wreck

So I had unprotected sex 190 days ago. I had a test at the 4, 5, and 6 month mark. The first one was an antibody blood, 5th was a rapid oral, between 5th and 6th another antibody blood, and 6th another rapid oral. My insurance does not cover therapy. I haven't been able to focus on anything and have not had sex with my new boyfriend (who has been tested negative). I was wondering if I can get some good links on where it will say my test is conclusive and possibly some words of advice.
Hiya im alittle confused?

You want links for " where it will say my test is conclsuive? "  I have no idea what your asking for or what you mean by that?

As for your tests, well im  guessing when you had a test you asked the outcome? Im sure the outcome was negative on all of those yes?

So what is your question or concern as such.?
Yes it was negative. I was wondering if its still possible to have hiv or if I'm in the clear. If I'm in the clear how can I forget about it and move on w my life
Hiya, your ceratinly negative thats 100%. 3 months is conclusive, the rest was over kill and not required tbh, but as such they just proof your negative.

How to move on, well just belive in your results, they never lie and they ceratinly are not wrong.

How to move on, well heres a trick. Ever been out with somone you wish you hadnt? and as such you never give them a thought as its never a good one, well just do the same, dont give it a thought. Its a bad fear you had, you are fine, leave it in  past with all the junk in our thoughts that we all do.
I know you guys say that it's 3 months for conclusive, but why do some other sources say 6? I'm just afraid I'm a late seroconvertor. Thank you for the tip on how to move on. That'll  definitely help.
6 months only applys if somone is having agressive chemo or certain organ transplant medication and even then its as rare a decent politician or a heat wave in the UK :) Any source that says 6 months is talking where the sun dosnt shine to which thats where they keep their brains..

Besides, the chances they even had hiv less than 1%
The chances of getting HIV from the encounter, less than 1%
and the chances of a late sero ( more a myth tbh ) less that 0.005%

You can do the mathes, to be positive would be incredible. The fact that isnt the case and not to mention modern tests will find HIV within 2 weeks these days ( as a mate of mine was confirmed as positve that soon ) then you not being negative after all those tests just impossibe hun...

Would you belive any other test from a doctor or hospital, of course you would and they are far more complex than HIV. HIV is really easy to find, to test for and the results are a doddle to find. Compare that to cancer where its a dam site more complex indeed, yet who argues with their test results on that?

Belive the results, you had a mental scare now you just gotta understand the science isnt wrong your all fine
You have relieved me. Thank you so much
:) Enjoy
So I donated blood and you don't think ill get a bad letter
You may get a letter yes, but it will not say anything bad regarding HIV as your most certainly negative. Really you have wasted 3 months of your life on this and its such a shame when the facts all proved you dont have HIV at 3 months, their after is a waste of time and your energy.

You need to focus on more inportant things in your life and somthing more worth while and  productive. You have im sure readenough threads here to understand that 3 month is final let alone 6 months.. Really belive in the facts your fine

juanfearsfreddy joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 19
xicaxica85 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 15
JGF25 is amazed at how right Judg... Comment
Jul 14