going crazy waiting for test results
Hi, I've been having major hiv anxiety. its getting to the point where its hard for me to get through the day without breaking down in tears. So basically all I am looking for is support.. or someone that is in the same situation as I am to talk too since everyone around me is sick of hearing it and that's all I seem to wanna talk about.. I went and got tested a week ago and they told me it will take 2 weeks for the results. One more week and I will know, but the anticipation/ fear is killing me. this test was done 16 post exposure. I got a tested 11.5 post exposure and it was negative but I keep thinking those tests are not as accurate as a lab test. I keep having symptoms too, but I don't know if they are due to stress or some other infection.. but yea, thanks to anyone who responds or wants to talk via email
16 weeks & 11.5 weeks post exposure
You never had an exposure and never needed testing in the first place.
why would you say that? I am pretty sure a had an exposure..
Nobody in the WORLD in the ENTIRE HISTORY of HIV has ever been infected with HIV by a needle stick outside of a healthcare setting, and you will not be the first. And I don't believe it even happened anyway- you said in your post you were drunk and weren't sure.

No risk, no need to test, forget about this and move on with your life. I think the real issue is that you have an HIV obsession or phobia that perhaps needs professional treatment.
and also, are petechiae a symptom.. cuz ive been getting huge clusters of them on my neck :s along with swollen glands. painful jaw glands especially..
okay, thanks for the reassurance.. I just thought people got infected by sharing needles .. and yea im not sure if it actually happened and yea I know it sounds crazy. but I guess I jus needed someone to tell me that
Just an update- I tested negative! You were right, thanks for your help.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
NelsonGibbs111 added the Pain Tracker
Sep 09
NelsonGibbs111 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 09
SophNM1992 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 07