HIV Anxiety Support User Group
help!
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1201 members

help!

I had sex with a csw worker 5 months ago about 19 weeks. I wore a condom for oral and vaginal. I did notice she had blue bruises all over her legs. The condom almost came off during the withdrawal, however the tip remained covered. I had diarrhea a few days later. About a week or two later I got a rash that covered most of my back, It was scaley and dry. I started to worry a little. I tried everything to get it to heal but no luck. I stopped having unprotected sex with my girlfriend. I then got cold like symptoms. I started to freak a little. I went to the health department and got tested for gonorrhea, syphilis, hep a, b, c and hiv I don't know what kind of test. They did tell my they confirm with a western blot. The testing was done 3 weeks post exposure. It took 3 weeks to get the results back, all negative.

I started having frequent bowel movements and urination. About every 10 min or so throughout the day. I also had headaches all day every day. My legs, arms and back got very ache. I also got very dry mouth and sores on the inside of my cheeks. My legs continue to hurt all the time especially at the end of the day. I had night sweats and still have them from time to time.

I got tested again at 6 weeks and 8 weeks at planned parenthood with a unigold recombigen hiv test. Then I got bumps in my groin area. I went to my doctor and she told me it was a chronic bacterial infection. She gave me a cream to clear it up.

A week or 2 later I went back because my legs were throbbing and she told me it was a non-specific viral syndrome and they don't test for it or treat for it. She tested my reflexes and movement and said there was nothing wrong with me. I told her about my itchy dry back she said it just looked like dry skin and just to moisturize it. At this point I told her about my std concerns and the test I took. She told me I had nothing to worry about and sent me on my way without testing me.

I went to the dermatologist about 6 weeks and they told me I had a chronic tinea versicolor infection and gave me medication to clear it up. I started to get oral ulcers and my arm locked up.

I got a new doctor and expressed my concerns. Again he told me no need for anymore testing. He didn't seem to think my problems were std related. He told me the oral sores due to stress, herpes or a ulcer. He told me it would not benefit my health to test for herpes. He gave me a oral gel to try. It cleared it up with in a week.

My thighs and groin started to burn and sting about 4 months I asked him if it could be herpes or std related he said no more than likely a pinched nerve. He told me just to wait it out and see if it resolves itself.

eventual it went away. I took another oraquick advanced hiv test 11, 12 weeks and a unigold hic test 13 weeks.

15 weeks my girlfriend started having periods 2 weeks apart and really bad menstrual cramps. Bumps on her hair line and on her back. I got tested again with a ora quick advanced non-reactive.

18 weeks she came down with flu like symptoms. I got tested again ora quick advanced non-reactive.

I think I'm hiv positive and I have given it to my girlfriend. I just keep testing negative. My doctors don't seem too concerned. I don't know what to do.

My doctor ask me to see a therapist I did for 4 week then they put me on Prozac. Now I get tested every 2 to 3 weeks. I want to get tested at 24 weeks. I can't sleep and I have stomach problems every day...my doctor thinks I have stress induced ins.
1 Comment
Nothing to add to what you were already told.
repentantdad joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 19
Batteryshop01 commented on photo
Apr 18
droxor63 commented on ashler1977's status
Apr 18