really need some help
i do have health anxiety and obsessive thoughts, and i do see someone for it, however i was looking for some help here too.

i tested negative almost 4 months after my exposure of protected sex with an ex gf, and i just cant get over doubting my test results. this result was in a clinic with a rapid test and before that i had taken 5 rapid in home tests all negative as well. i jut cant relax and let this go. im pretty sure i remember the nurse saying if there was no risk in he last three months the test would be conclusive.

the whole 3% after three months is really getting to me. im in a relationship now and i could not live with myself if i ever transfered anything to my gf now she is so amazing. everyone here says that 3 months is conclusive but 3% is hardly conclusive thats a lot of people that would be missed, maybe thats old info? i dont know id just love to see the cdc come out and say this is conclusive ya know? the odd thing is my gf isnt worried about it but i am.

any advice or reassurances?
Well im a little lost, why are worring about a test when protected sex is not a risk of HIV, dont you think you should entertain that fact first.

Also, modern tests are 99.9% accurate after 3 months and lets not forget, less than 1% of the population have HIV. Put all this together, its just impossible you have HIV and more so the fact you were never even at risk of HIV.

yeah i realize that i guess i just get irrational about the whole thing and feel guilty over it. it's just that whole 3% thing that produce antibodies after 3 months that is getting to me.

i also keep telling myself that if the nurse really thought i should have been tested at 6 months she would have made me come back ya know.
Test for what, you never had a risk of HIV, do you understand that buds?
i know but it's still "possible" to get hiv through protected sex, every site i read hedges their bets and says condoms are not 100%.

i guess i need to stop worrying though, the event was in september of 2012 and she tested negative i know in march of 2012 so the odds are in my favor no matter what here.
utter rubbish. No website will say protected sex is a risk of hiv, its complete and utter rubbish,!!!!
well they say low risk which is still a risk. most people would read that as no risk whereas i see it the other way....small but still a risk.
"Low risk" accounts for the chance of breakage and slippage. If a condom doesn't break or slip off, then it's no risk. Your condom didn't break or slip off, so you had no risk. An intact condom is 100% effective, no exceptions.
yeah i know im  beginning to feel better, but i guess im just nervous because ive had pretty bad diarrhea all week.
Diarrhea is diarrhea- everyone gets it and it means nothing about HIV.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
drifter0213 commented on MY cuz
Dec 04
BeStrong_ World AIDS Day, December 1,... Comment
Dec 01
specialmom commented on MY cuz
Nov 30