really need some help
i do have health anxiety and obsessive thoughts, and i do see someone for it, however i was looking for some help here too.

i tested negative almost 4 months after my exposure of protected sex with an ex gf, and i just cant get over doubting my test results. this result was in a clinic with a rapid test and before that i had taken 5 rapid in home tests all negative as well. i jut cant relax and let this go. im pretty sure i remember the nurse saying if there was no risk in he last three months the test would be conclusive.

the whole 3% after three months is really getting to me. im in a relationship now and i could not live with myself if i ever transfered anything to my gf now she is so amazing. everyone here says that 3 months is conclusive but 3% is hardly conclusive thats a lot of people that would be missed, maybe thats old info? i dont know id just love to see the cdc come out and say this is conclusive ya know? the odd thing is my gf isnt worried about it but i am.

any advice or reassurances?
Well im a little lost, why are worring about a test when protected sex is not a risk of HIV, dont you think you should entertain that fact first.

Also, modern tests are 99.9% accurate after 3 months and lets not forget, less than 1% of the population have HIV. Put all this together, its just impossible you have HIV and more so the fact you were never even at risk of HIV.

yeah i realize that i guess i just get irrational about the whole thing and feel guilty over it. it's just that whole 3% thing that produce antibodies after 3 months that is getting to me.

i also keep telling myself that if the nurse really thought i should have been tested at 6 months she would have made me come back ya know.
Test for what, you never had a risk of HIV, do you understand that buds?
i know but it's still "possible" to get hiv through protected sex, every site i read hedges their bets and says condoms are not 100%.

i guess i need to stop worrying though, the event was in september of 2012 and she tested negative i know in march of 2012 so the odds are in my favor no matter what here.
utter rubbish. No website will say protected sex is a risk of hiv, its complete and utter rubbish,!!!!
well they say low risk which is still a risk. most people would read that as no risk whereas i see it the other way....small but still a risk.
"Low risk" accounts for the chance of breakage and slippage. If a condom doesn't break or slip off, then it's no risk. Your condom didn't break or slip off, so you had no risk. An intact condom is 100% effective, no exceptions.
yeah i know im  beginning to feel better, but i guess im just nervous because ive had pretty bad diarrhea all week.
Diarrhea is diarrhea- everyone gets it and it means nothing about HIV.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
deman227483 commented on HIV Risk In Perspecti...
Tomoose commented on ARS SYMPTOMS vs. ANXI...
May 03
deman227483 commented on ARS SYMPTOMS vs. ANXI...
May 02