HIV Anxiety Support User Group
still scared
About This Group:

This support group is for those who are suffering from stress or anxiety associated with uncertain HIV status. HIV anxiety is extremely isolating for those who are going through it, as it is often very difficult to discuss with friends and family members. This group is provided for sufferers of HIV anxiety to discuss their fears in a supportive environment. Those with anxiety over non-HIV STDs are also welcome. For personal advice concerning HIV risk, testing, and prevention, please post in the HIV Prevention Community.

Founded by joggen on October 4, 2009
1234 members

still scared

im still scared just knowing that iv may have been poked after someone with hiv
1 Comment
I've read your threads. It is not clear to me that the speaker wire penetrated the skin of either you or your workmate. From my perspective this seems like something that you are imagining out of anxiety or paranoia. Of course I wasn't there and am only judging by the wording of your posts.

However, IF such a situation happened, there would be no risk (as Teak told you), because the virus doesn't survive on surfaces exposed to air. The needle-type injuries that are of a concern are the hollow-bore needles used in medical settings (because the blood is protected from air).
dwella added the Mood Tracker
Oct 16
dwella joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 16
Dee1956 commented on sam
Oct 15