1064?1312607688
HIV LETS TALK User Group
Anxiety
About This Group:

Anything You want to talk about related to hiv I am here to assist with any concerns and anyone is welcome to post a question and join the group.

Founded by RainLover71 on August 6, 2011
53 members

Anxiety

I clearly know that there is no hiv infection reported case for the person receive unprotected(both heterosexual). Spoken to HIV counselor today afternoon and i started to feel better but my anxiety came back again this evening because i have 1 main concern, i had unprotected vaginal sex with my wife 3 weeks after the exposure. i have no idea why i did that and i am so guilty and probably put her at a risk.

I went for Elisa test at 5th week and it came out Negative. I should be happy because i am still safe at the moment and i also understand the conclusive result should be at 3 months but at least 5th week is good indicator as more than 90% that i will be fine.

However, this feeling didn't last long. After a day, my anxiety came again and i currently am under big pressure and always thinking a lot of "what if", e.g. what if i am the first person who got infected as receiver of unprotected oral sex, what if the girl who purposely want to infect me and there is a lot of what if coming on. The worst scenario is i have put my wife into a risk if anything happen to me and this is the least thing that i want it to happen in my entire life.

I had been taking doxycycline since last Monday and finished 2 days ago but my mild sore/dry throat didn't go away after finished the last course. It really concern me because i have no other symptom other than this. I believe this is due to the medicine as i don't feel sick at all, just the throat is discomfort. What is the worst this is the doctor who prescribe this medicine for me and claim that i will not have any side effect or sore throat but internet and another GP who i have visited claim that the medicine can caused sore throat or throat irritation.  

i have nowhere to share this with any of my friend and this is a only platform i can share my feeling to everyone. i really wish that i will be NOT be the outlier/special case  and hopefully my combo test is negative. Hope all these will come true next Monday.
Tags: Anxiety, infections, Hope, results, friends
1 Comment
It's the guilt that is eating away at you and that's all.Oral sex is a zero risk activity for HIV transmission.Your test will always be negative and you never infected your wife because you don't have HIV.
livn_learnn commented on Long standing dry mou...
Jul 27
ashler1977 commented on Long standing dry mou...
Jul 21
watashianata commented on Long standing dry mou...
Jul 14