1064?1312607688
HIV LETS TALK User Group
Anxiety
About This Group:

Anything You want to talk about related to hiv I am here to assist with any concerns and anyone is welcome to post a question and join the group.

Founded by RainLover71 on August 6, 2011
60 members

Anxiety

I clearly know that there is no hiv infection reported case for the person receive unprotected(both heterosexual). Spoken to HIV counselor today afternoon and i started to feel better but my anxiety came back again this evening because i have 1 main concern, i had unprotected vaginal sex with my wife 3 weeks after the exposure. i have no idea why i did that and i am so guilty and probably put her at a risk.

I went for Elisa test at 5th week and it came out Negative. I should be happy because i am still safe at the moment and i also understand the conclusive result should be at 3 months but at least 5th week is good indicator as more than 90% that i will be fine.

However, this feeling didn't last long. After a day, my anxiety came again and i currently am under big pressure and always thinking a lot of "what if", e.g. what if i am the first person who got infected as receiver of unprotected oral sex, what if the girl who purposely want to infect me and there is a lot of what if coming on. The worst scenario is i have put my wife into a risk if anything happen to me and this is the least thing that i want it to happen in my entire life.

I had been taking doxycycline since last Monday and finished 2 days ago but my mild sore/dry throat didn't go away after finished the last course. It really concern me because i have no other symptom other than this. I believe this is due to the medicine as i don't feel sick at all, just the throat is discomfort. What is the worst this is the doctor who prescribe this medicine for me and claim that i will not have any side effect or sore throat but internet and another GP who i have visited claim that the medicine can caused sore throat or throat irritation.  

i have nowhere to share this with any of my friend and this is a only platform i can share my feeling to everyone. i really wish that i will be NOT be the outlier/special case  and hopefully my combo test is negative. Hope all these will come true next Monday.
Tags: Anxiety, infections, Hope, results, friends
1 Comment
It's the guilt that is eating away at you and that's all.Oral sex is a zero risk activity for HIV transmission.Your test will always be negative and you never infected your wife because you don't have HIV.
drifter0213 commented on advanced niTD
Apr 28
Theobaldm1989 commented on advanced niTD
Apr 28
advanced niTD
Apr 25 by drifter0213