1064?1312607688
HIV LETS TALK User Group
Still anxious
About This Group:

Anything You want to talk about related to hiv I am here to assist with any concerns and anyone is welcome to post a question and join the group.

Founded by RainLover71 on August 6, 2011
53 members

Still anxious

I had about three HIV tests done and the results are as follows
2 weeks negative
6 weeks negative
and the last one was at 12 weeks 87 days negative
Risk: unptotected vaginal intercourse
Problem
Although i have read here and other sites that 12 weeks is conclusive i am still worrid sick and still haveing symptoms which include stuffy nose, stiff and uncomfortable neck and shoulders, and what i think are swolen lymph nodes on one side of my neck. I am a first year nursing student so i know i should know better but i got trapped in this fear and anxiety because i got it stuck in my head that a conclusive result is 6 months or more. Its realy making my life miserable but i jus don't know how to get rid of the anxiety and worry. its now been nine months since exposure should i test again to quell my fears.
Please stop worrying as it's not justified at all. 12 weeks is 100% conclusive. 6 months was outdated back in 2003.Don't be concerned about those symptoms and I will tell you why,because if they were HIV symptoms your test would have been positive,there not.Relax and forget about this.
Thanx this eases my mind a little
ashler1977 "Gammagraphy shows a signif... Comment
ashler1977 commented on Long standing dry mou...
Dee1956 commented on sam
Oct 15