1064?1312607688
HIV LETS TALK User Group
does hiv weakens your inmune system right away?
About This Group:

Anything You want to talk about related to hiv I am here to assist with any concerns and anyone is welcome to post a question and join the group.

Founded by RainLover71 on August 6, 2011
52 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

does hiv weakens your inmune system right away?

just for general knowledge...is this the case or it needs to develop into AIDS for this happen?
if so, what is the time frame?
I'll appreciate your comments.
regards,
4 Comments
Blank
hi there,
just to clarify a bit.
i'll appreciate your response rainlover.  A lot has to do with anxiety. you see, I had a 'false positive' test six month ago.  I have tested every month since in different labs and all tests have come out negative (last test 6 months after risk).
however, i got really paranoied and have not been able to get over it.  Anyhow, in the last 3 months, i've been sexually active with my GF and she has been very sick with flu, shingles, and what haveyou. Something unusual for her...  My questions to you are :
1) Can i have false negative after 3 months window period even if chances are miniscule?
2) IF hypotethically, i infected my GF... whould she had a weaken inmune system within 4-6 month?
thanks Rainlover.  Im posting here because i know you don't reject any posters... I appologize for any inconvenience.
regards,
Blank
I will answer both your questions. 1.No,a negative after 3 months is accurate. 2.Not necessarily,she could be a LTNP but you haven't infected anyone if you tested negative at 3 months.All the best.
Blank
thanks!
Blank
No worries--All the best.
Blank
Recent Activity
Blank
ashler1977 Going to the reumatologist ... Comment
21 hrs ago
Blank
learning550 commented on ashler1977's status
Apr 13
Blank
livn_learnn commented on Should I still be con...
Apr 13
MedHelp Health Answers