HIV Prevention Community
HIV risk??

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV risk??

I am a female and was fingered by a guy. We also French kissed I know that is no risk for HIV. But I am extremely worried about the fingering. I have no idea if he had cuts/scrapes on his fingers or not. I wasn't looking for that. But was has fueled my worry is that I was just coming of my period. I wasn't wearing a pad or anything because it was like my 6th day on my period and I didn't notice to have any blood. But what if when he stuck his finger up there their was blood? What if he had cuts/scrapes on his finger that mixed with my blood? All this is driving me insane. I took an HIV test after 30 days and it was Negative. My Nurse Practitioner stated that "I did even need to be tested" but I just had too. But yet I am still worried. I will got back for another test at 90 days. But this is just too much for me. I can barely sleep. Also searching the internet for reassurance is making me more paranoid, and the guy I was with went to jail before so I started to think what if he got raped in jail and got HIV? Thinking of this makes me so scared. What do you think my risk is?
no one has ever been infected with hiv from fingering
Okay thank you Lizzie Lou I feel much better now. But it's just so hard not to worry and stress.
Hey Lizzie last thing. I trust was you said. I'm just wondering if my risk would be increased if there was still some presence of menstrual blood in me (I'm not sure if there was) also if he had any cuts on his finger (s) and the two mixed?? This is what is actually worrying me. Is mixing of blood if this occured. Please answer. Thanks in advance!
"what ifs" could go on forever...OMG "what if" his finger is capable of ejaculating?

the hiv / aids pandemic has been here for a very long time.  during this time...there has to have been COUNTLESS times where the scenario you are describing has occurred.

NO ONE has ever been infected through fingering.
Thank you so much Lizzie and yes I agree that "what-if" scenarios are unhealthy and make people go crazy! Thank you again.
I read about your history I am sorry about your son. Did you start researching about HIV because of that? Are you a doctor or nurse? Or just someone with knowledge of the disease? I don't mean to discredit you and I believe what you are saying is true, but I've noticed others on here get replies from doctors just asking. Thanks:)
Trust Lizzie, teak and others.. They know what they are talking about and there is no reason for you to question her credentials and you have already read enough in her profile. If you want the reply of a doctor post in the doctors forum and you will have to pay for it!! You had no risk whatsoever
Thank you and I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off that way:)
There are no doctors in this forum, it is a user to user forum.  The Expert forum is where members can have their questions answered by a doctor, for a nominal fee.
Okay thank-you nursegirl they said that I have no cause for concern with this encounter I do trust them. I just need to take a deep breath and stop worrying.
I just need to take a deep breath and stop worrying. .

Yes you do!  Unfortunately, you're not alone....MANY people worry excessively about HIV due to overinflated views about it.  You're A-OK!
Thank-You nursegirl:)))
Hey I know that this post should be pretty much done. But although I have been reassured on this site and I am grateful. But the "internet" is a very bad place with different comments and so I was still worried about a risk. So I got tested at 6 weeks and my results were negative. Can I move on?
I know that you guys get questions like this all the time, but mind you this is the only forum I have ever posted about this issue. So please someone reply to me. I know I just commented an hour ago but I figured you guys may be annoyed at these repetitive questions, and may not want to reply. But please do reply someone. I just wanted to throw that out there. Thanks.
Move on.
Thanks for the reply (exhales) but not that deeply. Until 12 weeks. Just for myself to know.