HIV Prevention Community
100 days western blot conclusive....high risk exposer.kindly suggest so...
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

100 days western blot conclusive....high risk exposer.kindly suggest somebody

Please suggest and help

kindly help and suggest me on the following v high risk exposer

1) I had unprotected vaginal sex with a strange female on 15th June-2012 and
2) Protected Vaginal and unprotected Oral with other female on 10 th July-2012.

After some days i had rashes on my chest,under armpits then swollen lympnodes under armpit,low grade fever,sometime diarrhoea and also sore throat and mouth ulcer almost all the ARS symptoms.

I had Elisa HIV 1 & 2 Test on 21st September,exactly after 94 days from 1st exposer and 72 days after 2nd exposer. Result cameback Negative with cut off value 0.9.

I also had Western blot Test exactly after 100 days from 1st exposer and 84 days from 2nd exposer.
Result came back Negative.

My question is I always have pain in my wrist and fingers as i drive bike since last 10 yrs for my work..if i m having Lupus which delays seroconversion and also when i had HIV test that time my WBC Count was elevated to 14500 its v high.. Now after 7 month also sometime i get redness and itching under armpit on both the hands,Sometime red rashes on my chest also i have a severe sore throat and swollen lymp nodes under armpit and on the neck also....my wife is coming back to me in some days and i am worried as one of my surgeon told me the window period may last for 54 weeks and National Disease control says as per CDC 6 months test result is conclusive.

kindly suggest and help...what shall i do????
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Your Elisa test 72 days from exposure (ideally should not change) is more or less conslusive.
Western blot test is a confirmatory test made once an individuals results are found to be positive on Elisa (or an antibody test)
Seroconversion is delayed only in case of IV drug users, in case an individual has had an organ transplant, if one is in therapy for cancer treatment (chemo therapy).
As per CDC, the latest guidelines, 3 months is the window period. (6 months as per the old CDC guidelines)
You can test once at 90 days (3 months and above) and get a conclusive result.
As far as your symptoms are concerned, you cannot assume that they are HIV related.
Suggestion: Take an antibody test at 90 days and get a conclusive test.
Blank
You don't need any further testing. You have a conclusive test result.
Blank
186166_tn?1385262982
the ONLY exposure you had was the first one, on june 15th, 2012.  your test at 94 days post that exposure PROVES that you don't have hiv.

as teak explained...you dont need further testing and your test is conclusive
Blank
Thanks a lot Teak.May God bless u...but still even after 7 months i have sore throat,lymp nodes swelling this makes me worry.....when i had Elisa hiv test that time my WBC was elevated.Pls tell elevated WBC affect result?
Blank
Thanks a lot at_ss...may god bless u
Blank
Thanks a lot Teak.May God bless u...but still even after 7 months i have sore throat,sometime redness on the chest,under armpit and lymp nodes swelling this makes me worry and also when i had Elisa hiv test that time my WBC was elevated.Pls tell elevated WBC affect result? i dnt know which generation test laboratory used to dianose antibodies for hiv 1 & hiv 2...I m from India..
Blank
186166_tn?1385262982
if you are having health concerns, see a dr. instead of posting on a hiv forum.  you DONT have hiv.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...