HIV Prevention Community
4th Generation HIV DUO test accuracy at 28, 41 and 61

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Hi I'm new to this forum.
Im very very worried I think i have HIV
Ive tested at 28, 41 and 61 days exposure all negative.
How conclusive are my tests??
Tags: HIV DUO
Why do you think you have HIV? What was your risk?
First of all I was staying in a hotel on my own for a couple of nights, on the first night i vigorously mastibated myself after about 8 pints of larger. I had a very sore **** - I'm 37.

The following night I visited a strip/sex club after more alcahol (alcohol) (Don't ask me why i dont usually do this sort of thing)

I fingerd one woman then mastibated I didn't cum (lasted 5 mins)
Then I recived unprotected oral from a woman. I know she had just seconds beforehand sucked off a couple of men to completion. (I strongly feel she had cum in her mouth when she comenced with sucking my ****)  I didnt cum, however when i felt her brests I could feel cum on her body and my hand. I wiped my hands on some sheet/chair and left without ejaculation. (this lasted about 5 mins again)

Then I masterbated to completion whilst viewing another woman dance.

The mucous sking on my uncircumcised **** was exposed to vaginal fluid, saliva and cum!

After 1 week i had pain im my **** after urinating for 5 days. I orderd antibiotics for clamidia and gonorea of the internet and it all claeard up after 3 days.

Ive had all the Symptoms of Early HIV Since

Week 3 Very red skin on forhead and back-side of neck ( Like sun burn)
Week3&4 Couldent eat felt sick (lost 9lb now 1st  at week 10)
Week 4 Sore Throat, Cold and Night Sweats
Week 5 mucels of my neck becoming very sore and painfull
Week 5 Some light night sweats
Week6 swollen lymph glands in my neck and just in front of my ears. They are not visable but easy to feel. Same applies to my groin area right side much worse than left side)

Painfull neck and lymph nodes have stayed with me till now week 11.
My cold still comes and goes better one day then bad again on the following day.

Im very worried and scheduled for 12 week test on the 9th of January. The window period is so painfull. Sometimes i think im going out of my mind with worry.
You never had a risk. I doubt that she had ejaculate in her mouth but even if she did saliva renders the virus inactive.
Please help Vance2335 or anyone
Why the symptoms???

my lymphnods i can feel (not very painful just sore) and this maks it impossible to think about anything else.

what about my tests what are my chances? how accurate % wise DUO test at 61 days. I know something is not as it should be. I feel wrong.

I'm almost sure she had cum in her mouth think her face was coverd in cum however im not sure i was drunk. I know i had a strangers cum on my hand from her body. I then masturnated my sore **** (what a fool). I messed up big style. I never thought i would do anything like this.

I understand the precence of other STD's increases the risk of HIV I'm 100% sure i had something like gonoreah wish i had a test and not stupidly taken those antibiotics.

Also oral was quite rough she used her teeth at one point.
You never had an exposure.
Thank you for your responce. I still feel I must of had some sort of exposure from this. If I did can any one please let me know how accurate my test would be at 4, 6 and 9 weeks.(Duo Test)

Are you sure Teak My **** was very sore and I am uncut. I was potentialy exposed to a lot of contajus body fluids.

Im very very worried please explain your answers. I need to understand why.

thank you and sorry for going on about this.

* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Im just very worried sorry.
can anyone coment as to the accuracy of my tests??
thank you everyone!!
kindly move along...you were never at risk
Im going for my 12 week test this week. Ill keep you all posted. Hope you are all correct. Im still going out of my mind with worry.

My lymph nodes are still swollen and now becoming more and more painful. This and all the previous symptoms are driving me mad.

All I have is my 61 day negative test and alcahol (alcohol) to help me at this moment in time. The 12 week window period is so very very painfull.

Seek professional mental help. Your issue is guilt not HIV.

My issue is as follows and nothing to do with my mental health. (interesting that you can make that diagnoses from this thread all the same)

My sore **** was exposed to cum within the womans mouth. (Not ouside the body)

My NHS HIV specialist doctor beleve this to be a low risk of transmition but certanly NOT no risk situation. (He confirmed that i have swolen lymph nodes in my kneck and groin area)

Frreomhealth.co.uk (london based private doctors) beleve this to be a low risk of transmition but certanly NOT a NO risk situation.

You guys on this website think its a deffinate no risk situation.

Testing

Freedomhealth beleve 9 week DUO test is conclusive.

NHS in uk belebve 12 week DUO test is conclusive therfore im not out of the woods.

I know Teak beleves 12-13 week test is conclusive therfore in his oppinion with regards testing im not out of the woods.

All very conflicting and confusing when you are abviously and naturally worried about a very serious illness. (wish I was better informed and more worried about std's before i did this)
Worry about HIV given possible exposure in natural. And from a mental health point of view NOT an issue. (Persitant worry following a conclusive test would mean i requier profetional mentel help however im not there yet)

My risk is obviously subject to interpritation and debatable. Thats why I was asking about testing initially and didnt post detailing my exposure/risk.

I'm 99.9% sure my body hadent developed any antibodys by 9 weeks due to my test results. What the probabilaty of a 9 week negative HIV DUO test turning positive at the conclusive period 12 weeks.
Teak please note I am not asking when is this test conclusive.

It's a mental health issue because you have anxiety and are not addressing it.

How could it not be a mental health issue when you said- YOUR WORDS: "Im still going out of my mind with worry."??

In fact, you are only increasing it by the 'research' that you are doing. You need to get off of HIV forums and stop researching HIV on the internet and address your anxiety with professional mental help.
Of course I have anxiety its natural and part of my fight or flight responce to a potentialy life threating illness.

I am deffinaltly addressing the situation. Ive booked myself in for a 12 week post exposure test. (What more can i do to address the situation)

All Iv'e asked for  is opinions with regards the accuracy of my 9 week DUO test.

All i get is "anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning conclusively of no-risk situation in Teaks oppinion will be subject to action"  
or "you need mental help"

I didnt even asked about my exposure or mental health.

How accurate is a 4th Generation HIV DUO test accuracy at 28, 41 and 61 days post exposure. (Not asking if its conclusive)

You never had an exposure and never needed testing the first place. Additional answers will only give weight to your unfounded fears. This forum has now become counterproductive for you.
counterproductive "Tending to hinder rather than serve one's purpose"

I was looking for a your views (all forum members) about HIV duo test accuracy at 9 weeks post exposure. A debate if you like.

I would agree its been counterproductive. However im not sure why?

We cant agree on exposure or my mental health. why not agree to disagree and answer the question I posted rarther than hinder it.

Sorry, this is a risk assessment forum, and this forum has assessed your situation as NO RISK for HIV. We don't fuel people's fears here by buying into their own mistaken assessments about their risk. All that we've done here is give you the proper facts.

There is information on DUO accuracy in the archives of the doctors forums- you can find it using the search function. This website is goldmine of information and the information is there. I hope that helps.
Markjones9 : I was just like you and did 84day, 90 day, 91 day and 96 day duos that came back negative. You need to relax and take Joggens advice as you will keep stressing your self for mo reason. I am positive that your 12 week duo will be negative.You should post and ask the Doctors on hiv prevention and they will give you an answer. Stay calm and all the best.
12 week test done waiting for results
84 day negative thank you everyone.
look like you were all correct.

:)
Condoms or better still  monogamy its the only way!! Iv'e been lucky this time.There will be NO next time the window period is just too painfull.

I will never forget this epesode.

I would like to do something constructive now, like helping pepole diagnosed with HIV who live local to me. I dont know how yet any sugestiuons?

You never had a risk and never needed testing.