HIV Prevention Community
6 month test, can I move on?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

6 month test, can I move on?

I just got my result back after 6 months. Tested for HIV (LabCorp panel 083824) antibody and hep b and c. All non-reactive (negative).  I had three HIV antibody test total, one at 5 weeks, one at 12.5 weeks and this one at 6 months+ 2 days, all of which are the same test, the panel 083824. Have not had sex with my wife for 6 months, am I 100% HIV free? Can I move on with my life now and spend time with my family? I thank you for all your support sincerely!!!
Yes please, with out any shadow of doubt. You could have actually done that at 3 months but it's never too late!
Just one more question, I had a sore throat now for the past 4 weeks, can it be related to HIV? Why is my sore throat not going away??? Thank you for your help.
your test PROVES two things...

1...you do not have hiv...no way...no how

2...your sore throat is not hiv related
"Why is my sore throat not going away???"

Ask your doctor, not a HIV forum. You don't have HIV.
One last question, I got my results back the next day after blood drawn. I got my blood drawn in San Francisco but the lab that actually did my tests is in San Diego (about 10-12 hours driving).

The medical practice said they fly my samples to the lab the same night after drawing my blood., I feel the turn around time is very quick, is that a normal logistic procedure for blood sample delivery to another lab far away?
They won't answer anymore of your question man with a 6 month negative no matter what your question is. I think your test is ok considering they send samples in the mail from in home test, but I'm no expert just someone wanting to resume unprotected sex such as yourself. All the best bud. :)
I got my blood drawn at the medical practices facility on Monday 2/4/13 8:15 AM PST, but the lab result shows my blood was drawn on Sunday 2/3/14 9:00PM. I wonder they did process my own blood samples.
Oh I see what your getting at now. I dunno about what to say there? That's weird.
I'm sure they will say labcorp is a reputable lab and you should trust their results, but you may wanna call the lab and ask them about that, and make sure they got the name and stuff right??
tried to call, but they won't talk to anyone but physicians. I don't really trust LabCorp anymore.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
They don't answer you even if you say your test number and name and such? Wow that's crazy. Maybe talk to your doctor and have him check for ya bud.
The issue of whether the test was properly conducted by your physician and by labcorp is not one we can address here, and you will have to work that out through your personal doctor.  Posting about your concerns here, particularly since you had no risk, serves no purpose except to unnecessarily heighten anxiety.

****************** THIS THREAD IS CLOSED *******************
NO MORE POSTS, PLEASE.