HIV Prevention Community
6 week negative INSTI HIV TEST

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

6 week negative INSTI HIV TEST

i was negative at six weeks(insti HIV test), what are the chances that will change to a positive in the next six weeks, I had a few HIGH RISK exposures, no sings or symptoms yet..but this google crap is killing me and I cant seem to stop
your 6 weeks test result is a great indication of your status. it's unlikely to change. just get your final test at 12 weeks for the conclusive result.
apparently the body takes on average 6-12 weeks to produce traceable amounts of antibodies for HIV rapid tests so i kind feel like the 6 week test was a huge waste of time.
and what the risk percentage for a 6 week false negative ????
Normally The window period lasts for 4 to 6 weeks but OCCASIONALLY up to 3 months after HIV exposure.
Please take note that When people develop antibodies to HIV, they "seroconvert" from antibody-negative to antibody-positive from 6 weeks - 12 weeks.Depending upon the circumstances of infection, it is estimated that the development of antibodies to HIV-1 can take between two weeks to 12 weeks. During this interval, sometimes referred to as the window period a person may test HIV-1 antibody negative and yet be infected with the virus. This is because his/her immune system has not produced enough antibodies for the test to detect.
having said all of that, if you tested neg.at 6 weeks then turns positive at 12 weeks then you have seroconvert which is rare.
Hi miccalito,

You insti test is a really good rapid test. i read that it is actually one of the most sensitive ones.

I also read your other post with all the percentages you got from your counsellors about the 6 weeks test.

The thing is, whether or not the 6 week result is 90%, 97%, or 92% accurate, they all tell you 2 things:

- It is highly likely that your negative test result is accurate and reflective of your true status.
- It is not 100% yet, therefore, you would still need to go for your conclusive test at 3 months to know for sure. But it is likely that your 3 months test will remain negative like your 6 weeks test.

Wish you all the best, and take care.

May God bless

reallyregret
thanks for everything,
I will just try to think (i dont want to say positive) good thoughts and just pray to god that I dont "seroconvert" in the next six weeks to come, but not going to Lie, I will probably go for another Insti test in the next few weeks. I think after that I may feel good enough to eat and sleep again.. cause right now I am so stressed out that I have lost my appetite and i am starting to loose weight which is A SYMPTOM!
In all my years of living I have never been this scared and I am a recreational skydiver and rock climber!!! need I say more?
Hi miccalito,

Glad to be of help. I will pray for you too, Conan (adventurer).

I hope you will get your relief from your next test in a few weeks, and at least recover your lost appetite - for both food and adventure.

Good luck and all the best!

Take care.

May God bless

reallyregret
you another test on the 7-8 week is the great great indication of your status. all odds are in your favor. Just relax and expect for a negative result on the 12 week.:)