6 week negative INSTI HIV TEST
i was negative at six weeks(insti HIV test), what are the chances that will change to a positive in the next six weeks, I had a few HIGH RISK exposures, no sings or symptoms yet..but this google crap is killing me and I cant seem to stop
your 6 weeks test result is a great indication of your status. it's unlikely to change. just get your final test at 12 weeks for the conclusive result.
apparently the body takes on average 6-12 weeks to produce traceable amounts of antibodies for HIV rapid tests so i kind feel like the 6 week test was a huge waste of time.
and what the risk percentage for a 6 week false negative ????
Normally The window period lasts for 4 to 6 weeks but OCCASIONALLY up to 3 months after HIV exposure.
Please take note that When people develop antibodies to HIV, they "seroconvert" from antibody-negative to antibody-positive from 6 weeks - 12 weeks.Depending upon the circumstances of infection, it is estimated that the development of antibodies to HIV-1 can take between two weeks to 12 weeks. During this interval, sometimes referred to as the window period a person may test HIV-1 antibody negative and yet be infected with the virus. This is because his/her immune system has not produced enough antibodies for the test to detect.
having said all of that, if you tested neg.at 6 weeks then turns positive at 12 weeks then you have seroconvert which is rare.
Hi miccalito,

You insti test is a really good rapid test. i read that it is actually one of the most sensitive ones.

I also read your other post with all the percentages you got from your counsellors about the 6 weeks test.

The thing is, whether or not the 6 week result is 90%, 97%, or 92% accurate, they all tell you 2 things:

- It is highly likely that your negative test result is accurate and reflective of your true status.
- It is not 100% yet, therefore, you would still need to go for your conclusive test at 3 months to know for sure. But it is likely that your 3 months test will remain negative like your 6 weeks test.

Wish you all the best, and take care.

May God bless

reallyregret
thanks for everything,
I will just try to think (i dont want to say positive) good thoughts and just pray to god that I dont "seroconvert" in the next six weeks to come, but not going to Lie, I will probably go for another Insti test in the next few weeks. I think after that I may feel good enough to eat and sleep again.. cause right now I am so stressed out that I have lost my appetite and i am starting to loose weight which is A SYMPTOM!
In all my years of living I have never been this scared and I am a recreational skydiver and rock climber!!! need I say more?
Hi miccalito,

Glad to be of help. I will pray for you too, Conan (adventurer).

I hope you will get your relief from your next test in a few weeks, and at least recover your lost appetite - for both food and adventure.

Good luck and all the best!

Take care.

May God bless

reallyregret
you another test on the 7-8 week is the great great indication of your status. all odds are in your favor. Just relax and expect for a negative result on the 12 week.:)