87 day antibody please help
hi i had a relativly low risk encounter condom break with african american csw, only exposed for mere seconds. had a total of 4 antibody tests done 4,6,8 and 87 days. the 4 and 6 were rapid one was oral fluid one was finger prick. the 8 and 87 day ones were lab based done through quest diagnostic. All came back negative after my 87 day negative i did not give hiv another thought for months now as i have passed the 6 month since time of event it has slowly creeped back into my mind. i cant seem to shake the feeling that i should test again. i have begun having unproctected sex with my wife again as we are trying to concieve. please can anyone give me there opinion on wheither i should go back take a final 6 plus month test. Is it ever really neccessary is 87 days conclusive, i have no idea what type of antibody test it was meaning what generation i know for sure it wasnt 4th. i also was just diagnosed with diabetes. and have had strange tingling fingers and feet recently as well as a strange almost thrush looking tounge. now i am not a doctor so i dont assume it is trush but i am going to my gp to get an opinion on it. the same gp who at 87 days told me that i must move past it. any insight would be greatly appeciated ? i'd especially like if teak, nursegirl, joggen or lizzie some of the more experienced board members could comment. thanks paul
87 days is CONCLUSIVE
87 days is conclusive no matter what situation ? And no matter what type of antibody test was used ? Also you can say for sure that I can continue to try to conceive a child with my wife. Btw does dry peeling skin on hands have anything to do with hiv ? I'm sorry for the follow up questions I was doing so well where I was once so nervous but for some reason it had crepped back in
your test proves...WITHOUT A DOUBT...that you dont have hiv
Thanks a bunch Lizzie I'm going to again try to put this out of my mind. God bless you. Take care. If nurse girl or teak could chime in if they agree please do
BOTH of them will tell you that your test is conclusive...facts are facts !