HIV Prevention Community
A Little Worried
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

A Little Worried

I recently had protected vaginal/anal sex with a woman that I met at a bar. I am sure that the condom was used properly but am still concerened. I also have herpes and after the sex noticed that I had a small open sore at the base of my penis (the condom did not cover that part). Should I worry about HIV/STD transmission. What are the chances I could become infected through the open sore. I have been in a 5yr relationship and do not want to tell my girlfriend about this incident because it was a one time thing and I don't want to if I don't have to.
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
ok ok...so first things first....you already have herpes before this bar sex? genital herpes or facial?

it can't be said...your open sore could have her vaginal/anal fluid...get tested to be sure..
Blank
yes before the bar sex. I have herpes got it from current g'friend about 5 yrs ago. How high should be the level of worry? Any idea?
Blank
genital herpes not facial
Blank
i could say it's low, bro! was the open sore like....already there before the bar sex or after the bar sex?
Blank
I am pretty sure that it was there before the bar sex. I am just really neverous and don't want to tell the g'friend but I also don't want to put her at risk. It has only been two days but I have no signs of any STD/HIV.
Blank
signs/symptoms of std/hiv could take more than 3 months or a year to appear. can't really base it on them, bro!

the only way is to get tested at 3 weeks/6weeks/9weeks/12weeks

now, seriously, you have to abstain till you complete them tests or you'll have to go all over again.

like for instance, you're already in  your 6th week and already got tested.....then had sex with ur girl....that would reset the count and you have to do the whole 3/6/9/12 again..starting from the day you had sex with ur girl.

if you darlings aren't active, it will be fine not to tell her..but if you are...it could be a problem.

yes, even with condom would reset the count.
Blank
we are active and it is kind of hard to abstain without her being suspicious. what risk am i facing right now. i think that it is low would you agree. i did ask the girl if she was hiv- and she said yes
Blank
being tested is about concern for your health.

I don't thin telling her about the barsex would be wise....so I guess just tell her you want to rest the nagging voice behind your head..or something. ^^;

or if you want to be sure on how the whole testing go while you being active, go talk to some doctors about it. i could be wrong ya know

gudluck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank