HIV Prevention Community
A risk?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

A risk?

I am a male and have a bf starting in aug of last year. we both got tested in mid November and both of us were negative. two weeks ago, we were "going at it" with me on the receiving end. The condom broke, but we continued without a condom.

logically I know there is no reason to be in a panic, but i guess with all the warnings and tales, it's just gotten me into a panic... also have a small rash on my chest and had a slight sore throat... and I realize that symptoms aren't the way to diagnose or to panic over. we both will be testing again in Feb.

Should I be concerned, and do I need to wait out the twelve weeks?

I really appreciate any insight at this point. And sorry if this is a dumb question
Any time you have a condom failure, it's wise to test...3 months is when you can obtain your conclusive result.  With the history of you testing together, and the brevity of the exposure, you have very little, if anything to worry about.
oh and he did not "finish" in me
I really appreciate you answering my question. I realize the risk that I took, and, while I do trust him, it's these irrational fears that i keep feeling asking, "what if?" But thank  you for the reassurance. He's been really understanding with me wanting to test at three and at six month time points from when we started dating.

Also, one more question, if I may. You stated that I should test in three months- is that three months from exposure or three months from the first test that we did? If we tested with the latter time point, it would be about 6 weeks post exposure, which I've read from Dr. HHH saying that it'd be pretty conclusive.

Thanks again for all your help and insight with this. It has helped relieve some of the anxiety.
Three months from exposure.