HIV Prevention Community
A seven week result?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

A seven week result?

I had unprotected oral sex witha girl I did not know, since which I have had a white tongue and all sorts I am extremley worried and as such had a hiv ag/ab combo test at 42 and 48 days - negative.
My question is this:
1. How much risk is associated with Oral sex and HIV?
2. How much faith is there in a hiv ag/ab combo test result at 48 days (7 weeks)
3. At 7 weeks I was negative what is the chances of testing positive at the 3 month mark?
4. Even after medication, I still can't get rid of my white tongue and sore throat?
Oral sex places the recipient of the act at no risk to HIV since saliva is not infectious.  For the person giving oral sex, their saliva contains enzymes that inhibit the virus.

There is no risk with oral sex and no need to test.
by LIZZIE LOU , Apr 14, 2010 08:38AM
your post in the std forum states that your only exposure was oral sex.  this is NOT a risk for contracting hiv.

antibiotics can cause thrush.

you do not need testing.