HIV Prevention Community
AIDS?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

AIDS?

HELOU!
IT IS POSSIBLE TO BEEN INFECTED WITH HIV WITHOUT HIV ANTIBODIES? I'VE READ SOME ARTICLES IN INTERNET THAT WAS VERY RARE CASES IN THE WORLD.ALSO ABOUT-ELITE CONTROLERS-PEOPLE WITH HIV BUT WITH UNDETECTEBLE VIRAL LOAD ?PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY WRITE TO ME....I'VE HAVE ALL HIV/AIDS SYMPTOMS SINCE OVER 1 YEAR. CMV & EBV POSITIV TESTS.MATT
You must understand what HIV is. It is a retrovirus.The body identifies the viral paticles as a pathogen or invader. In response the body creates antibodies. This antibody production does occur at slightly varying rates among people however, it does happen universally within 3 months. Therefore, NO one can NOT generally have the HIV virus without having antibody production. It is possible for someone to have HIV and have a NEGATIVE ANTIBODY test result if that person is within the Testing Window Period (3 months).

ELITE CONTROLLERS indeed suppress viral replication naturally, however they still test POSITIVE via Antibody assays. Viral Load is the concentration or "amount" of viral particles within the body. This is mesured via a different test. Antibodies, remember are the body's defense against such invaders. If you test NEGATIVE via an Antibody test @ 3 months, you are CONCLUSIVELY NEGATIVE.

-JC-