ARS/Early HIV symptoms??
So here's a little bit of background. 4 weeks ago, I had protected anal sex with a man (I am a male as well) and unprotected oral sex. Following this, I was very stressed and upset thinking I could have caught something from him. I asked him to get tested and he did about a week after our encounter. After waiting what seemed like forever, his results came in the mail and he showed them to me, all negative! I began to relax a little but was still very anxious and stressed thinking he could have hooked up in the last 3 months and it wouldn't show up on his test results yet. He assured me, time and time again, (I annoyingly drilled him with this question whenever my stress returned) that the last time he had sex before me was near the end of February this year and it was with someone he trusted and was with for a long time. He also said he is very careful and always uses a condom.

About 6 days after sex, I got a mild sore throat that went away in a day or two. Then, about 3 weeks after our sex, I developed a small painful canker sore near the back of my mouth, near the tonsil area on one side. I freaked out, gargling with salt water everyday and trying to find out if this could be a symptom of ARS. Then, about 2 or 3 days after the canker sore appeared, my stomach started to hurt, it felt knotted up and I had diarrhea (only like twice), I also developed a headache that came and went. A week has past since the canker sore appeared and it is no longer visible, though I do have a little pain where it was. My stomach feels a little better, (I only had diarrhea for like a day) and my headache comes and goes. Now, do you think this could be ARS or just symptoms caused and made worse by my anxiety and stress? Oh, and until now, I've never gotten a canker sore. But then, I've also never been this stressed. And symptoms seemed to go away when I managed to relax for a minute. I also went to the doctor and he said canker sores are common in really stressful situations, especially in young adults (I'm 18), as are tension headaches and upset stomach. I haven't had any other symptoms or fever. Oh, and I suffer from anxiety problems, TMJ, and migraines periodically.
Thank you for listening to my ramble and for any assistance you can give!
Unprotected oral + he tested negative = ZERO risk for you
You never had a risk in the first place and never required testing.
Thank you so much! I was so worried. So, these symptoms are probably just due to my stress/anxiety. Not sure if it would make a difference, but I forgot to mention, it was receptive anal using protection and I gave and received unprotected oral without ejaculation.
Would this make any difference? I can't figure out why I got canker sores in the back of my mouth and headache 3 weeks after sex.
if you are having health concerns, see your dr...it's NOT hiv related.
Okay, thank you everyone for your input.
Just wondering, is it really obvious when a condom breaks? When he pulled out, it was still on him and full.
Then it didn't break. It's very obvious when it breaks.
if it had failed...you would have seen a PENIS and not the condom on it.

pretty obvious, huh?
NathanX85, what was the outcome ? Are you ok
It's up to the OP whether he wants to return to his thread.
Not sure yet, but the 3 month window period just passed. The guy it was with swore time and time again he hadn't hooked up with anyone since February and it was someone he knew and he used a condom, so the first negative result he got when I asked him to test 2 weeks after our sex should be accurate. I'm also inclined to believe him since he went to the trouble of testing for me. What do you guys think? Is further testing warranted?
Okay so the guy I had sec with had another test which was negative for hiv at 25 weeks after our sex. That's conclusive right? I may get a test too but this means I couldn't have gotten it from someone who produces a negative result 6 months after our sex?? Also, he was uncircumcised if that makes a difference. Like if hiv could have been stuck in his foreskin without infecting him?? Idk. I have a swollen lymph node which has been there for about 3 months. But I've also been poking it.
Move on, you never had a risk. His test results are irrelevant.
But if I had a risk and he tested negative 6 months after our sex, there's no way you can get hiv from someone who's negative right?
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...THIS POST HAS BEEN GOING ON 5 MONTHS.

YOU DONT HAVE HIV ! ! !  GEEZ