HIV Prevention Community
ARS MUSCULAR ACHES?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

ARS MUSCULAR ACHES?

i did a stupid thing by having protected vaginal sex with a csw two weeks back but didnt check the condom properly for any breakage. i'm now experiencing muscular aches/pain on my shoulders, neck, and upper back but i dont feel any pain on other parts .i also have a mild headache during the night time for some days but its not severe. i know symptoms can't tell if one is infected but does my symptoms sounds similar with ars muscular aches? will i feel muscular pain all over my body if i was experiencing ars or just on some part? advice me please
No ! muscular pain alone is not an HIV early symptom. You had protected sex and if your condom had failed, you would have known it because condom failures are too obvious to overlook.
thanks for ur reply...by the way does (1)muscular pain in ARS usually occur all over the body including leg, arm, groin, neck or it can be localised to only one area? (2) is it too severe or mild? (3) can anxiety really cause muscular aches? i'm deeply worried and anxious....... please help me once again
As I said, ARS is a package of symptoms, with fever (101-102 F) and non itching body rashes being the part of the package. You do not have that package of symptoms. Symptoms do not mean much, but do confuse us. HIV related symptoms are similar to those, due to other illnesses, including anxiety and stress, and moreover, many actually infected people never seen any symptom.

Since you had protected sex and the protection did not fail, your risk does not exist

i forgot to add that i was having some mild headache during night time and my body felt warm along with the muscles aches. whats more worrying is that all those happened about 3 weeks from my encounter and it all vanished after a week.i'm deeply worried and anxious as all this occured during the ARS period. i'm worrying about HIV right from the day 1 after the sex and my anxious level is rising day by day.......does my mild headache with muscles achess doesn't sound ARS??? need some opinions frens
the FACT that you used a condom...THAT DID NOT FAIL...proves that your symptoms aren't ars related.

you cant suffer from ars symptoms without being infected.  you cant get infected from condom protected sex.

you have NO hiv concern.
thanks for your reply...one last question and i'm done..... can my extreme anxiety/ stress really give physical symptoms that i was experiencing???
yes
Thanks very much Lizzie.....i'll try to move on
I'm in the same boat, though I was very very high risk and did have unprotected anal sex. It was a big mistake and had a lot to drink. I will live with the regret of not going to get PEP the next morning or the day after due to ignorance about PEP. I only find out weeks later when these symptoms have become prominant, Big muscle ache in my legs and joint pain. Oh dear, I wish so much I'd known about PEP, I wish so much i'd know about what it does and how it can really save me from this nightmare. I never knew. I never knew and I have my test in about 2 hours and am absolutely terrified because I know it will be positive. High risk, all ARS symptoms = HIV positive.