ARS at just over 7 weeks ?
Greetings, here is my history and question.

I was tested and free of all STI's, and did not have any new partners, until November. Just a few months ago on November 11th, I was drunk, foolish, and had unprotected receptive anal intercourse with a new friend. Before we began, he was very insistent that we discuss our STI history and statuses. He assured me he was tested and free of anything, and I was recently tested prior and told him the same. I am quite sure that he did not ejaculate inside of me, as he did ejaculate outside in a towel at the end. I have felt fine until just this last week, where my palms and soles of the feet have been constantly cold and sweating, and I have had a few moderate night sweats that caused me to change my clothes. For the first few days of this "illness" I was experiencing hot flashes and chills as well. As far as I know, I have not had a fever, as my room-mate has felt my forehead multiple times and said that I feel normal, or even cold once. I have no other symptoms. A nurse checked my temperature and the palpable lymph nodes the other day and both were normal too. I have an HIV test appointment coming up on the 14th of this month, January. I do know that I will be testing for peace of mind. I will follow up on the three month mark as well.

I guess, my only question is this. Since being just over 7 weeks ago, is it too long ago for ARS to appear now ? I must also include that I am a moderate alcoholic these days, usually drinking multiple drinks a day, and having the occasional night of heavy drinking. I will be taking counselling for the alcoholism as well, as it is very unhealthy. I just have HIV in the back of my mind, that is all.

Thank you for your time.
ARS happens 2-4 weeks post exposure. But people don't have to get ARS in order to get HIV. 3 month test is conclusive and USE CONDOMS ALL THE TIME!!!!
So these symptoms must be a garden variety virus, or could be attributed to my alcoholism. I won't allow myself to make a mistake like that again. It was foolish, and we should have just stopped at a store and picked up condoms.