HIV Prevention Community
ARS fever

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

ARS fever

Please could someone explain me how is the fever related to ARS??

Thank you so much
  • ars fever (5 replies):
    Hello i have heard that most common symptom is ars fever...[more]
  • ars (24 replies):
    what is considered a ars fever? temp wise?
  • ARS Fever (6 replies):
    This is just for my general knowledge and I have 2 quest...[more]
  • Acute HIV - lynph nodes (4 replies):
    Please help me i need some information... I had unprote...[more]
  • General Question (3 replies):
    Is ARS always associated with high fever?
For one, symptoms don't matter when guaging an HIV risk...they are too inconsistent.

TRUE ARS symptoms are hard to miss...it presents as pretty nasty flu-like symptoms and is almost always accompanied by a fever, usually 101 or higher.  Real ARS symptoms usually leave a person in bed ill for several days.

Again, one cannot ever go by symptoms or lack thereof when it comes to judging a risk.  Some newly infected people never have one symptom, and many people who THINK they were infected and had symptoms are negative.
OK,

i thought fever from ARS was a low fever near 37º, 38º Celsius... for long time, like one or two weaks...
No, a fever related to true ARS is a high fever, lasting several days to a week or so.  It would almost always be over 101.
Ok,

after a relation with risk i develop a limph node for 5 days... and started with low fever aroud 37º C for almost 15 days, normally at night... for me this nsyntoms indicate a infection of HIV, a lost almost 4 kilos in 3 weaks and are very tired...
I mada a quick test at day 24. This test ais of the third generation, this kind of tests are recomended only at 60 days isn´t it or thoes they indicate something at 3,5 weaks???
Thank you for your help!
and a test called RNA HIV, taken at 21 days... (i´m still waiting for the resultl...) is it a good indicator??? At day 21 i think the virus was very active isn´t it?

Thank You!!! for your help
If you had an exposure you will still have to take an antibody test 3 months post exposure.