ARS timeframe
OK, another question from me.

It is often stated that ARS symptons appear within 2-4 six weeks post exposure. Any symptoms beyond this timeframe is not suggestive of ARS, i.e symptoms at 7 /8th week.

But my query is that surely symptons could last well into the 7/8th week, and/or even begin at 7/8th week hence for the reason for testing at 12 weeks.
So if we continue to imply that ARS symptoms occur within 2-4 weeks post exposure, then shouldnt we reduce the window period for testing?

Unless i am missing out on a vital bit of information, i would like to know your thoughts.

The window period issue has been an ongoing debate on this forum. The consensus is that 3 months post exposure gives you a conclusive  test result with very rare exceptions.
I know that the window period is hot topic on this forum, but i am trying to put things into erpsective, especially when considering the timings of ARS symptoms.

Im not contesting the window period at all. I just dont understand the relationship between ARS timings and the window period testing - unless, there is no relationship and i am just thinking too much into it.
For those that do experience ARS symptoms, and a majority people never have any symptoms at all, the body takes time to produce enough antibodies to be detected on a test, thus the need to wait. Someone else here may have a more concise explanation.
Diagnosing ARS is after the fact. Meaning one has to test positive to know that they did have ARS and to obtain a conclusive test result it is 3 months post exposure.